Page 22 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 22

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Job is still going well. There is so much to know, but I'm not sweating it. Especially since this is a national health insurance company, things will always change. Especially with Obamacare(maybe it'll get repealed). We don't have to memorize anything, we just use our online manuals and I'm damn good at doing searches. Plus, I'm happy here. I haven't been this happy about a job since I was at MS(that one started out as a temp gig too).

I have made a commitment with myself to drop the grains(particularly gluten) starting this past Monday. I've also cut back on my dairy(this is harder than I have thought. However, with my asthma, I have to really cut back on dairy. Cheese for me is my biggest culprit along with butter and HWC. I'm actually thinking of looking up how to make ghee in a crockpot. I've seen it before and I love the taste of butter but if the milk solids bother me, well, you get the set up. I haven't been working out much(unless you consider taking the stairs at work a workout) and since I have been, my legs seem to be getting stronger. Oh, and btw, walking in stairs wearing high heels is HELL! Amazingly, I'm starting to sleep better too. Dreams have been crazy nuts lately. Had the pregnancy dream(aka, the bearer of change).

Oddly enough, I was told at work today that I am a sharp dresser. I'm not used to hearing this. This is the chick that as a girl, wore hand me downs from the mid to late 60's to early 70's to school and got picked on incessantly. We can dress casually to work. Like, I could actually wear rock concert tees. I seriously want to get some if I get hired on and dress them up a bit. I told the women at work that majority of my clothes come from consignment shops and I let my 13 yr old help pick them out. Seriously, Caitlyn is damn good at picking stuff out for. She takes me out of my comfort zone in little bits. Except I won't wear skinny jeans, NEVER. Not even if I were skinny would I wear them.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    All good news.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Apparently, the "perfect storm" aka "Frankenstorm" is going to hit next week. In preparation, I'm taking the girls to get boots tomorrow. Yep, the joys of the first paycheck going to bills and boots.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    We're getting the hurricane part. No power + flooded basement again.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Ugh, sorry to hear that Paula. We have 4 days of winds, rain and snow. Going to try to catch the 10 or 11 o'clock news to see what the story on the snow is. One of my facebook friends did a post from a local news station saying the snow models are showing to be "impressive". Have no idea what that means, but the girls and I have boots. Have plans in place if we lose power and my MIL doesn't so Caitlyn can at least go up there and do her school work. Also going to have her do her school work tomorrow(as much as she can) so she won't be badly behind. Also went to the K12 fb page and they are suggesting that they print off all their assignments for the next week as they are expecting the servers to be down. They are based out of VA so makes sense. Caitlyn's bff lives in Virginia Beach, VA and she posted on my fb that they have 15' waves. So scared for them.

I haven't been in this much pain in awhile. Woke up with my left arm throbbing and tingling from the elbow down. You guessed it, I ate wheat yesterday. Made my carpal tunnel flare up worse than ever. I made regular sausage gravy for the family and had a canadian bacon omelet. Found gluten free cream of chicken soup, so going to try that out for my hashbrown casserole tonight. Will report on that later.

Winds are starting to pick up here. I guess we're supposed to get gusts of up to 60MPH starting tomorrow. I really hope we don't lose power anytime soon. At least we have a small generator now(thanks to Clint's uncle) that Clint fixed for free. We plan on running the fridge on it and also the fan in our room and our cell phones. I figure if I really need to use the crockpot, I can plug that into the generator.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You may also want to freeze a couple of gallons of water in your freezer if it is not full as this will also help to maintain the temp. Sounds like you are getting ready really well though. Having grown up in Ohio, it is hard for me to comprehend that a hurricane can come so far inland - they never used to!

That's why we're plugging the freezer into the generator.

In 2008, winds from Hurricane Ike came up here and we were without power for 96 hours. The nice thing about that was it was in early September so it was warm in the day time and cool at night. I cooked EVERYTHING on the grill and went to my MIL's to do laundry. Thus far, its cold and rainy. Just got back from the gas station as I gassed up my car and filled a gas tank for the generator. Clint doesn't think it'll get that bad here, but better to be safe than sorry.

I'm bored as hell. Got potato soup on the stove, should make some chicken thighs in the oven and bought a gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix as well. The girls wanted to make some cookies and they wanted me to be able to enjoy some. Also working on laundry as well. I'm half tempted to take a nap.

We sold our Jeep today. Clint got tired of dicking with it. Figured we'd take some of the money, use that for the girls Christmas. They don't want a lot which is weird. Think I'm going to ask him for $150 for what I need to order online and have that shipped to his moms place. I'm going to get him a shirt off the BBC America site that says "I am The Stig". He wants me to get one that says, "I am NOT The Stig". I sort of want a different styled one that says the same as his. We flipping love the British version of Top Gear. It's so much fun.

Potato soup turned out to be really, really good.