Page 20 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 20

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    For a person who knows jack shit about poker, I'm lost.
    I know just enough to be dangerous to myself.
    Translation: You spread yourself too thin without knowing enough about management and what you were getting yourself into, and not letting your intuition have a say. Look at what's come to you recently and see if you can make something happen with them, or if God has ideas that you're not privy to. If it looks like God has better ideas, I'm not the person to ask.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hope your 1st day at work was good.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Work went well. I know one of our trainers so that was pretty cool.

I am so upset that I want to go up to Heather's school and start going off on a bunch of snobby ass fifth graders. Fucking bulies, I hate them. I get a text from Clint while at work saying that $30 was missing from his wallet and he wanted to know if I took it. Told him no. Told him when I got home, I would check the pants he wore yesterday and if they weren't there, I would talk to the girls. I ended up having to talk to the girls. It took about 10 minutes before someone fessed up and Heather said she did it. Apparently some brats at school have been bullying her about packing her lunch since second grade and she said she just couldn't take it anymore and took the money out of her dad's wallet. The kids were saying that we are "poor" and "don't have any money". I so want to go up to the school and beat those kids asses in along with their parents. Such a nice set of beliefs those people have. I'm writing a letter for Heather to take to school tomorrow and Clint is going to call the school as well. I'm going to ask that she not be punished at school for this as she feels bad enough about it as is.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    That really is a horrible way to end what should have been a great day. SO tough as throwing money at the problem to "prove them wrong" is such a waste of time and against your beliefs. I hope the teacher or principal has a talk with those kids about bullying and what it really says about them!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    *snip* bullying
    I went through the same bullying. I was "poor" and Oak Cliff trailer trash" because I took my lunch. I'd like to say I unleashed one of my epic smackdowns on the bully or ignored them. I didn't. I asked my folks for lunch money and was told "no." The idea of stealing money from my folks didn't cross my mind. I told my folks about the bullying and was told "get over it. THere're bullies throughout your life. Learn to stand up to them now." I didn't. I just ate in secrecy and hid outside to read.
    That's not what I recommend. Have her do what I did much later in my HS career: challenge them to a taste test between leftovers and school food. They'll laugh and try to keep at the bullying. Issue the challenge each time, saying they're obviously chicken because they know they're wrong. They eventually left me alone, because I wouldn't take their bait.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I had to question Heather further after we found out what happened. When I told Clint what happened, he wanted to go up to the school and beat the shit out of some parents. I was right there with him. I told Heather that when she took the money, she gave into bullying and she was like, I never thought of it that way. I told her to remember last school year, when one girl kept pushing her down at recess and trying to break her glasses and she stood up to her and the girl stopped messing with her. I told Heather to tell those kids that her lunch is probably 10 times better than there lunch is. I'd really hate to hear some of the stuff their parents say that their kids over hear.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    That's a great idea! She could even turn it around on them with the teasing "you have to eat SCHOOL food - you know that the government subsidizes that" or "You have to eat the yucky school food - my family can do better than that!". What would be awesome is if the teacher did one of those projects like "blue eyes are smarter than brown eyes" but in a money format so that the kids could gain some understanding of "having money" and "having no money" as this lesson would be a great one for kids who will most likely walk that line back and forth through life.

Think I need to start making more chicken legs for Heather to pack for school. It's funny, in 6th grade, packing is the cool thing to do.
    Georgette

Everything went well with Heather at school today. We got the money back, so all is well on that point. The new job is going well. I like the people that I work with so that is a major plus.

It was Taco Tuesday tonight and I made tacos and homemade spanish rice. The rice was amazing. I browned the rice in bacon grease and that made it better than ever. I was very much impressed with it.
    Georgette

I killed my favorite pair of jeans this morning. SOB. Bent over and ripped the leg of my jeans in my thigh. I've had these jeans since 2008 so I guess I could say they've had a good life. I think its a sign I need to start doing something about my weight.
    Georgette