Page 19 of 147 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 19

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I eat sweet potato skins. Not sure how well they would shred.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I peel my sweet potatoes. Never tried the skins. I've heard they should be peeled (maybe on nomnompaleo?) as they contain... (sorry brain fart) I think maybe the same as the green potato stuff that's not good for ya. Anyways, try it cause I'm all for short cuts when cooking from scratch all the freaking time!!! I spend WAY too much time in the kitchen, but it must be done to avoid the processed crap... wanders off mumbling that there must be a better way...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I will try making a freezing shredded potatoes for hashbrowns and give a report on it later.

Caitlyn and I had lunch with her dad today. Had a really good time. Went shopping afterward. She got a cute tee that says "horror movie" on it and has a pig and a chick looking at a plate of bacon & eggs. Too cute. I didn't find the raspberry cardigan but I did get a navy blue short sleeved cardigan with a lt blue v-neck tee a necklace, earrings and a bracelet to go with it for $25. Not a bad day. Oh, and I didn't get anymore emails delaying the start of my job so its a go for Monday!
    Georgette

Got my google monkey out (AKA me) and found this link on how to freeze hashbrowns. Will try this out later and report.
    Georgette

I was talking with a friend earlier about starting the job Monday and he said it seems that I am just unlucky. He confirmed where my head is at for years. I'm one unlucky person. I have only held 5 jobs for longer than a year. Been fired more times than I care to think about; affected by downsizings; companies falling apart; and just sheer boredom. Then it seems like its transferred to my personal life as well. Bankruptcy, my relationships, everything. I wonder if luck ever changes or do you just keep being dealt the same hand?
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Hands are random... what you do with them is your choice...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    During my latest bouts of agnostic rambling, I realized that every chance in life comes up much like a poker hand. You get 3 cards and they're most likely shit to begin. You go around and bluff, hoping to scare up some opportunity. You get another card, and have either something almost worthwhile or the beginning of something good. You go around and bluff again, this time putting in more effort and staring down your opponents. Then you get your fifth card, and your hand is either completely shit, mostly shitty, or the best hand you've seen that night. That's when you decide on how much you think you can bluff. The best poker players in my group have taken it all on a nothing hand. I've seen people fold a full house they could've won on. It's all in how you make your hand and yourself out to be. It's all in faking that you have the best damn hand on the face of the fucking planet until you stare the fuckers down.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    During my latest bouts of agnostic rambling, I realized that every chance in life comes up much like a poker hand. You get 3 cards and they're most likely shit to begin. You go around and bluff, hoping to scare up some opportunity. You get another card, and have either something almost worthwhile or the beginning of something good. You go around and bluff again, this time putting in more effort and staring down your opponents. Then you get your fifth card, and your hand is either completely shit, mostly shitty, or the best hand you've seen that night. That's when you decide on how much you think you can bluff. The best poker players in my group have taken it all on a nothing hand. I've seen people fold a full house they could've won on. It's all in how you make your hand and yourself out to be. It's all in faking that you have the best damn hand on the face of the fucking planet until you stare the fuckers down.
    Maybe. I've never played poker but I somewhat understand what you're talking about. I'm one of those people that will take on too much to make others happy and put my wants back. Like taking on a promotion right after my mom died. My head was telling me to wait for it, but my boss at the time and my heart said go for it. Should've waited. I probably would still be working for the company. Oh well, shit happens.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You bluffed without feeling out your competition. Shit happens. Get back in the game and look hard at the cards you've been handed recently to see if they're salvagable or if it'll hafta be all bluff.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    You bluffed without feeling out your competition. Shit happens. Get back in the game and look hard at the cards you've been handed recently to see if they're salvagable or if it'll hafta be all bluff.
    For a person who knows jack shit about poker, I'm lost.
    Georgette