Page 18 of 147 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 18

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ouch! That sucks. Glad you're feeling better though. Not being able to breathe is scary.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    It did scare the shit out of me. I'm going to try it again later this evening after the girls leave for their youth groups. With inhaler in hand.

I'm back to feeling like I was feeling the past 2 weeks. Maybe not as perky, but definitely feeling a bit more happy. Found MORE clothes to wash, go through and get rid of. Working on that right now. I'm thinking I may try to find another dresser for our room in the next month or so. Maybe wait until income tax season for that. Clint and I have a lot of clothes. There were a couple of sweaters that he didn't want me to get rid of but I did. I told him, you haven't worn those in 11 years, they're gone. He needed them for an old job that he did have to dress up a bit for back in the day. Now, he doesn't have to dress up for much unless its a funeral or a wedding. I usually keep a couple of dress pants on hand and a couple of dress shirts on hand as well for those occasions for him. Next year, we know we have 2 weddings to attend. He's a groomsmen in one, so he'll have to wear a monkey suit.

I'm thinking of going back to the store Caitlyn and I went to last Friday. They had this cute raspberry colored cardigan that I fell in love with and could kick myself for not getting. Would look great with a tee or cami underneath.

Last night was very nice. A good friend of ours visited last night to get a new taillight for her Jeep. After she left, Clint and I did our best to avoid watching the debate. We both figured that we would hear the highlights this morning. Looks as if Romney came out the winner. Surprisingly, the POTUS can't speak off the cuff. I think he needs to start carrying a portable teleprompter that will pick out answers for him in debate situations. That's it!! The POTUS is part robot! I knew it! I have friends that have gone to Obama rallies and apparently, Michelle is a much better speaker than her hubs. I think the POTUS needs a good class in improv. Just a thought.

This is the suck. Had a BM and now my right ovary is all twisted up. FML

Well now I know why my ovary twisted yesterday and I woke up sore as hell in my back and hips this morning. My farking period started today. Before you ask, yes, I can still have a period after the ablation. It's very light however and I am ok with that. It would explain why I have been craving chocolate and ice cream like a mofo. I went to bed early last night just feeling utterly exhausted at 9pm and woke up at 5am hurting like hell. Bella knew I was hurting and came in to cuddle with mommy. I love that little girl. She always makes me feel better. Made Caitlyn and I some bacon eggs and leftover hashbrown casserole for breakfast. IDK why, but bacon and coffee just makes all things better.

Caitlyn and I are going back out to that one consignment shop to see if I can find that raspberry colored cardigan I fell in love with. Yeah, I should've bought it last week, don't judge. We're also going to do lunch together today. I'm going to miss this time with her.

I have a food question that I am not going to post in the forums. I typically buy a bag of frozen shredded potatoes for hashbrowns but when you realize that a bag of frozen hashbrowns is almost the same price as a bag of potatoes, its more cost effective to make your own. For those that make they're own hashbrowns from scratch, do you shred a bunch of potatoes and freeze or just use what you make at the time? I'm really curious cause I'm looking to do this.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    When I used to make potato hash browns (like 2 and 1/2 yrs since nightshade free), I would shread 1-2 potatoes and use them fresh. This is so much better than bagged anyways as you know that add crap (like vege oils and preservatives) to most brands. I would give it a shot though, next time, make a double batch from fresh potatoes and freeze half. Maybe try freezing some already cooked ones too as you may be able to do a marathon session of shreading and cooking one day and then have pre-packaged, pre-cooked ones to speed you mornings along. I bet the patties would work well in the toaster oven. In fact, I think I'll do this with sweet potatoes. I bet my teen would love them and they might even make a decent hamburger bun - oh or smaller ones to make sausage patty sammich - this sounds yum!

I've never tried sweet potato hashbrowns. When you make those, do you peel the potato first? I'm lucky, nightshades don't bother me.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Mud Flinger, those are some awesome hash brown ideas.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've never tried sweet potato hashbrowns. When you make those, do you peel the potato first? I'm lucky, nightshades don't bother me.
    I'm lazy, so I don't peel squat, and they work for me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    I don't peel the regular potato, I was just curious about the sweet potato.