Page 17 of 147 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 17

geostump is offline Senior Member
    When I took her to the doctor for a nasty cold earlier in the year, her doctor freaked out over her weight and immediately scheduled a cholesterol screen. Her numbers were well within normal ranges. The doctor would more than likely force a vegan diet down our throats and I would quit him if he did.
    Georgette

Found out earlier today, the job won't be starting until next Monday now. Apparently, what had happened was that a couple of the other people being hired by other agencies didn't get their background check info in on time so that delayed the class. Oh well, at least I know I have a job to go to next week.

I've been doing a lot of cleaning and rearranging of things and I worked on my closet. I realized I don't have a lot of variety in my wardrobe color wise. I have lots of blues ranging in shades from baby blues to teals and black and white. That's it. One or 2 pieces in green, pink, red, purple and grey and brown. It's funny, whenever I am out shopping, I always gravitate to the blues, black and white(white is really more of an accent with the black) and I try to force to buy clothes in other colors, it just never works that way.

Had a not so good day food wise. Binged a bit. Ate a pint of ice cream at breakfast along with eggs and bacon and then at dinner had 2 helpings of taco salad. I hate that I did this but my head has just been in that bad place that it gets to when time gets idle for me. I did manage to take a walk with Caitlyn today. It sort of helped.
    Georgette

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Geo-
    If you watch my blog, you'll notice I rotate pretty consistently between black, grey, and blue, with the occasional splash of green or purple. You'll also notice that the only brown I ever wear is on my shoes or maybe a leopard print scarf. Don't buy it if you won't wear it. I used to own brown and colorful clothes in an attempt to make myself wear them. Didn't work. I'd push past them trying to find another blue button up or black t-shirt. You've discovered what you like. If it really bugs you, get accessories in branch out colors.
    I'm glad the talk with Caitlyn helped. It may've also helped get your brain out of dangerous territory.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Geo-
    If you watch my blog, you'll notice I rotate pretty consistently between black, grey, and blue, with the occasional splash of green or purple. You'll also notice that the only brown I ever wear is on my shoes or maybe a leopard print scarf. Don't buy it if you won't wear it. I used to own brown and colorful clothes in an attempt to make myself wear them. Didn't work. I'd push past them trying to find another blue button up or black t-shirt. You've discovered what you like. If it really bugs you, get accessories in branch out colors.
    I'm glad the talk with Caitlyn helped. It may've also helped get your brain out of dangerous territory.
    I'm the same way. Used to buy all kinds of clothes and almost never wore them as I also prefer the purples, blues, greens and black. You remind me that I really need to clean some closets and throw some crap out. I still have boxes that have only been peeked in from our move over 8 years ago. Who am I kidding - I'm never gonna use that crap again and if I need it I'll likely never find it!

Have you come up with a plan yet to help Caitlyn eat better?

The one nice thing about having Caitlyn around is that she actually is pretty damn good at figuring out what clothes I would like and look good in. We did a little shopping last Friday and she picked out a really cute emerald green raglan sleeved tee that had silver stripes through it. Not something I would normally pick out for me but it looked good on me. I also got a fuschia peasant style blouse. Caitlyn is trying to get me to accessorize more with necklaces and scarves but I'm sort of leery to wear them. I have a thick neck and I think those items draws too much attention to my neck. I have one necklace that I wear almost religiously and then my earrings that I accessorize with.

@Mud Flinger, when it comes down to food with Caitlyn, I just need to keep the processed stuff out of the house and cook more. Most of her favorite foods are full of starch(she is definitely my kid) and I really need to limit it. I won't remove it all the way. I will allow for certain foods on special occassions but that will be it. I told her yesterday that if we can keep each other in check, it will be easier for the both of us to lose. Plus, for her, getting her out walking or doing something physical with her body is going to help a lot.
    Georgette

Believe it or not, a necklace or scarf can help camouflage a thick neck, if done right. Leave the scarf loose or knot it it closer to the bustline than the neck. Wear longer necklaces, ones closer to bust or waist length. In both cases, it draws the eye down, making the neck appear longer and more in proportion to it's width, especially if the focal point (i.e. knot or pendant) is closer to the bust line than right against the neck.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Believe it or not, a necklace or scarf can help camouflage a thick neck, if done right. Leave the scarf loose or knot it it closer to the bustline than the neck. Wear longer necklaces, ones closer to bust or waist length. In both cases, it draws the eye down, making the neck appear longer and more in proportion to it's width, especially if the focal point (i.e. knot or pendant) is closer to the bust line than right against the neck.
    This is why 80% of my tops are low cut because I hate my neck. I don't touch turtlenecks at all period. The one necklace I wear is close to my neck, but that is the one Caitlyn got me for Mother's Day and I love it.
    Georgette

Ah. Most of mine are relative low cut or button up because I have a large bust for my frame and I can't stand ANYTHING touching the front of my neck. If I wore a turtle neck, I'd be pulling at it all day and look like I have a giant pillow down the front of my shirt. Anything above right above the cleavage gets put back. I don't need help making my tits look bigger and I don't want to be playing with my damn collar all day long.
    Try a long, lightweight scarf and knotting it at the bust line or right where your cleavage starts. Adjust where the knot sits until you like the way it looks. Bam. Perfect length for necklaces and such.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've got the boob issue myself. That's partially why I don't like wearing blouses much either.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So Caitlyn and I went on a walk and bam, had a damn asthma attack. I should've used my damn inhaler before we went. Walking home, I realized what the trigger was: people were mowing. Sick bastards. Made it home before I thought we were going to have to call the squad, did 2 hits on my inhaler and Caitlyn heated up some black coffee for me. Feel oh so much better now.
    Georgette