Page 16 of 147 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 16

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Pebbles- I'm taking 500mg (I may bump that to twice daily here soon) and the form I have is "flush free." It seems to do as it claims.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Mine is flush free as well. Not sure what that means but I take it.
    Georgette

I've noticed that when I take the no flush Niacin, my checks get really red and blotchy and I really want to eat some meat. I keep wondering if this is normal?

I really need to get Caitlyn interested in eating better. I think she's up to 190 in weight. I have no clue as to what to say to her about this and last night when I was watching her, I could feel all the hateful things my mom said start to me come up my throat and I stopped it in the nick of time before they actually came out. I had to go inside and throw up I was literally so sick with myself over this. I really wish I could think of the right thing to say so not to hurt her feelings but I also know I may need to be harsh with her as well. I'm actually scared I could lose her because of her weight.
    Georgette

That cheek thing I think is actually the flushing (blushing) niacin can cause.
    Maybe she'd be a bit more receptive if it came from her pediatrician? Or maybe attack it from the angle of being healthy so she can not have to worry as much about it as an adult, and leave weight out of it, at least for the time being?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That, and something akin to hot flashes.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Maybe she'd be a bit more receptive if it came from her pediatrician? Or maybe attack it from the angle of being healthy so she can not have to worry as much about it as an adult, and leave weight out of it, at least for the time being?
    I'm without insurance right now so the pediatrician is out. I was thinking of having one of my sisters talk to her but turned that idea down flat almost immediately. Especially when the one said Tristan is fat at 5'3 and roughly 120 pounds, no thank you. Yeah, she has a small gut but not enough to be considered "fat". Part of me wants to tell Caitlyn to eat whatever the hell she wants and the other part of me wants to do something about it. I need to find a happy medium somewhere.
    Georgette

Get talking with her and ask her what she thinks of her body, under the context of self image or something. She may already be aware she's overweight, but not know what to do about it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I know she doesn't like her body, she has told me that before. I just never know what to do or say to get her motivated. The person who still hates her body is the one that is expected to fix this. I want there to be hope for her, I know there isn't any for me at this point.
    Georgette

A friend of mine posted this on facebook and I am stealing this. I think this is appropriate for not only myself, but for everyone. Everyone goes through life with trials and tribulations... Some worse than others. Don't focus on WHAT happens so much, where u feel sorry for yourself or let this get you down. Focus on being strong, a fighter & survivor. Keep moving forward on your life journey. Be an inspiration to others needing your strength to help them realize that this is life... No one said it would be easy.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you could bring the topic up with Caitlyn as a request to help you - like you need a workout buddy and healthy eating buddy. I would try something like "since I know you aren't happy with you body either, I thought that maybe we could do this together". Ask her for her ideas and incorporate as many as possible so she feels like it's her plan too. Also be sure to add that as her Mom, you only can see her beauty, but since she'd mentioned it and you feel that way too, maybe you can help each other.

I would not go to a doctor as I would feel shamed as a kid and not empowered at all AND they might want to try some crappy idea like "take a pill".

Wishing you much luck!