Page 143 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 143

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving Geo! now it is my turn to stalk P apparently.
    In my dreams.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the Thanksgiving well wishes, everyone. Its been busy as of late. We are supposed to have a work Christmas dinner Monday night, but I'm not going. With some stuff happening at work, I'm afraid I'd go off on our District Manager so it's safer for me not to go. I'll put it to you this way. He's an incompetent douchebag with a Napoleon complex. Plus, it would be an hour and a half drive to the dinner from the office so I would rather not go. They are having the dinner in the Mansfield. OH area so us Columbus people and the Akron people can get together.

I've gone back to grain free as of Monday. Still working out the kinks but doing better. Now, if I could just sleep, I'd feel even better. A friend of mine does some work with essential oils and is working on helping me order stuff to help with sleep, allergies/asthma and carpal tunnel. My carpal tunnel is flaring up big time from knitting scarves.

This is something that is bothering me. How do I get more involved in the girls lives? Caitlyn is feeling especially left out. I've been sensing this for awhile now and the other night Clint asked me what I want for Christmas and I told him to surprise me, but he should at least take one of the girls shopping and I said Caitlyn would be a good choice. His response was,"she would drive me nuts". Caitlyn isn't that bad of a kid. She's got a good head on her shoulders. Caitlyn and I were talking last night and I asked her in general, how does she feel about her relationship with her dad and she sarcastically said, "who is that?" We kind of laughed and then she broke down a bit and said when she went to the fall weekend camp for her youth group last month, in their small groups, she said she actually feels like her dad doesn't love her anymore. She actually justifed this by saying that since her dad never had a relationship with his dad, it's not his fault. I'm trying to figure out ways to get them to interact. I know what it's like to have a dad, then not have one when you're young and I don't want her to have that hole in her heart as it's hard to fix. Plus, I don't want them to not have a relationship in 10-15 years. I could see it happening.
    Last edited by geostump; 12-05-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Georgette

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Lavender for sleep, it'll also help with allergies. As for your wrists, get a highlighter or fat marker and try rolling it on your wrist, keeping it parallel with the ligaments and stuff in your wrists. Good luck!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

It's 2014 already? Where did 2013 go? Spent the best part of Christmas week dealing with either a sick kid, or a sick Clint or a sick me. We all came down with the flu.

Come Monday, I'm back to primal. I'm actually restarting the leptin reset. I think I've gained 20-25 pounds since I was on prednisone in November. I needed a couple of shirts for work and had to buy size XXL Wednesday. That was depressing. Especially when you consider I was wearing a large shirt in September.
    Georgette

I am now doing a Paleo leptin reset. Wanted to clean up my act even further. Glad to have you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am now doing a Paleo leptin reset. Wanted to clean up my act even further. Glad to have you back.
    Let me ask you something, Paula. Did you take the reset as far as not working out for the first 6 weeks? I'm trying to figure out if I should work out or give my body time to adjust.

My reasons for going back to the reset are as follows: Even after being on the prednisone, my asthma is still flaring up on me; my sleep is total crap and most days, that is all I want to do; I'm tired of feeling like I am pregnant when I am not. I am surprised that no one has asked me when the baby is due.
    Georgette

Because I was exercising before starting the reset in September, I just kept doing that routine.

Due to poor eating during the holidays, I have to start over again. If I don't use my gym membership, my husband will make me cancel it. So I am back there at least 4 days a week starting tomorrow.

Due to the crazy ass Arctic Vortex,we haven't seen any patients since last Thursday. Our first patient will be in today at 4.

I started the lepton reset yesterday. Seemed to do alright with it. I'm not eating the BAB within 30 minutes of waking, more like an hour. I'm not nearly as hungry as I have been so I'll take it
    Georgette

This has been rather interesting weekend. Caitlyn has been on me about starting therapy. She's got some issues with anxiety, dealing with people/life and some other things. The first session is always with the parents or as in my case, parent. Clint was out doing a side job. I'm actually quite grateful he wasn't there. The therapist was asking me about mine and Clint's relationships with our parents. I said his was happy other than step dads and I really wasn't wanting to discuss mine. I told her it was okay. I never really felt like I fit in anywhere and always felt that I wasn't wanted or loved. She asked me about now and I said my parents are gone. It really doesn't matter at this point. I kept trying to get her to talk about Caitlyn, but she kept asking me about my happiness. I said I live day by day. I'm not really happy nor sad, just neutral. She seems to think I'm sad. She wants me to think of what will make happy in life and nothing really seems to come to mind. I try not to think about it so much but it seems like I have to. The only thing I can think of is just being alone with a couple of dogs living by the ocean would make me happy. I'm not sure what to say or think about this. I know she will probably have a hay day with that answer, but I really can't think of anything else to make me happy in life. She asked me about friends and I said none(at least not IRL). I hate calling people and stuff. She wants me as a client, I just don't think I can do this. I really think if I did this when I was Caitlyn's age, it could have worked, but now, I feel like it's too late.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, that is uncomfortable. Was Caitlyn there with you?

I think therapy could be useful at any age. Going through life unhappy is no way to live. It causes one to seek out false pleasures like food, drugs or other potentially harmful things.

Hugs my friend.