Page 139 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 139

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I never had dates in high school either, I went with my friends. I think the best advice you can give your daughter is to be herself and not let anyone compromise her morals, ideals, or self-worth. And not to let anyone make her do something she doesn't want to do. I don't really know what kids do at dances these days, but when I was in high school, plenty of kids did coke in the bathroom (I learned about this later, I was just dancing up my corner of the dance floor with friends the whole time).
    There are cops everywhere at our school dances. They even have them in the restrooms along with the drug sniffing dogs. You can't get away with anything now.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    That's somewhat reassuring, but at the same time, really sad that it's necessary.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That's somewhat reassuring, but at the same time, really sad that it's necessary.
    That's how the high school that my girls went to is like now. The new principal is an ex-marine drill sergeant if you have an odd hair color or facial piercings, you are sent home. Caitlyn has 17 holes in her ear and one in her nose and the vice principal threatened to suspend her on the nose piercing and wearing a cross necklace WITHOUT calling me first. Caitlyn sent me a text about this, I called the VP and threatened the ACLU on his ass. That pretty much shut him up.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Wow... schools with drug sniffing dogs in the bathrooms... what is this world coming to. I don't think having Marine Corp drill sergeants as principals would be a bad idea, but there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself through hair color and piercings... he went a little far there.

If 4 years of my life wasted with this douche bag is better than what you dealt with in high school, I truly empathize with you... The only thing this guy didn't do wrong was that he never laid a mean hand on me. He cheated on me, stole from me, spent all my money, coaxed me into trying and getting hooked on drugs, monitored my every move and tried to control my life. My mom sent me to school 2 hours away from home to get me away from him b/c I didn't see what he was doing. I finally broke up with him my second year there and promptly joined the army.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Wow... schools with drug sniffing dogs in the bathrooms... what is this world coming to. I don't think having Marine Corp drill sergeants as principals would be a bad idea, but there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself through hair color and piercings... he went a little far there.

If 4 years of my life wasted with this douche bag is better than what you dealt with in high school, I truly empathize with you... The only thing this guy didn't do wrong was that he never laid a mean hand on me. He cheated on me, stole from me, spent all my money, coaxed me into trying and getting hooked on drugs, monitored my every move and tried to control my life. My mom sent me to school 2 hours away from home to get me away from him b/c I didn't see what he was doing. I finally broke up with him my second year there and promptly joined the army.
    We can call it an even tie LOL. I'm friends with the guy I dated right out of high school and we kind of mutually ended it. He confirmed that he wanted more than I was ready to give to anyone. He's told me that if we both end up divorced in 5 years, he has dibs. I told him I'd rather stay friends even though there is a hint of attraction on my part as well. He's a bit misogynistic, but a nice guy once you remove that. I keep thinking back to what my mom said, men are evil.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I went stag (doe?) to most of my HS dances, including prom. Didn't really do much with my friends, as I had all of one, 3 at most. One had RA, so sometimes dancing wasn't an option, and the others were awkward teenage guys. I danced on my own, talked during the slow dances with my other single buddies. I actually picked up a guy while I was at my prom and danced with him most of the night.
    Actually, come to think of it, I never went to "my" HS prom. I went to TAG prom (a sister/ rival school in the same complex). Most of my HS bowed out of "regular" prom (the one shared by all schools on the campus except TAG) for TAG prom. We were at the Gypsy in Dallas (a nightclub, one of the more unique/ older ones) dancing to alternative while my regular prom was at the Dallas World Trade Center atrium dancing to rap/ hip hop. Small wonder I had no desire to go to the "my" prom.
    As to Homecoming, I have nothing. We never had Homecoming, because we never had sports. We had the Formula Dance every fall, but not as big a shindig as Homecoming. Went single to most of those, too.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I went stag to both junior and senior proms. Had a lot more fun at senior prom than I did junior year. Junior year, i wore dress more to my mom's taste and senior year, I picked everything out myself and dare to say, I was damn sexy. I wore a fitted black dress, sleeveless with a high collar and there were teardrops cut out from the bottom of the collar to right before you hit cleavage. I did my hair and make up myself. My hair was very short then and it worked well. Probably the sexiest time of my life.

I need some advice here. I was going through the local paper this morning checking the obituaries (it's part of my job duties) and found out that a dear friend of mine passed away and the funeral is tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should go to the funeral or not. I used to work with him and he is someone that if neither of us were married, we probably would have dated. My heart is very heavy today and I really need guidance on this.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My heart is very heavy today and I really need guidance on this.
    Hugs. I'd go. It sounds as if you cared for him and you should say your goodbyes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    PrimalCon New York
    My condolences, Geo. I think if you feel like the funeral will help with saying goodbye, you should go.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).