Page 138 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 138

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Wobbly legs can be strengthened! It helps to get padded pants for the butt I cycle to and from work and having a padded butt helped immensely. Unfortunately, not the cheapest thing to get.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    It seems like you might have "all or nothing" thinking. Start low and slow and increase slightly each time you go out to walk/run. If all you can do is run (jog) for a few seconds at a time, start there and add a few seconds each time. Those seconds should not be "all out" effort.

You can do it!!

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I was never doing all out. Even at a light jog, I kept thinking to myself that I wanted to die. I don't think it helps that when I was younger, I despised running with a serious passion. Reminded me of every reason why I hated gym class. I can walk 3-4 miles in an hour no problem, but any form of running feels like torture.
    Georgette

I'm still alive. Just been busy as all get out and haven't had time to post anything. It's amazing how busy having one kid in sports will make your life. I can't imagine have all of them in sports, even though this is a possibility next school year. Tristan has two more cross country meets left and we are finished with the season. And an amen to that. It will be nice to have Saturdays to myself. She is marching during the homecoming game tomorrow night with the middle school band and they sound amazing! In cross country, she has finally opened up her stride (this week, mind you) and is running a half mile in 4 minutes! I'm hoping she can keep that up in the meet Saturday. Her best time has been two miles ran in 21:32.

Caitlyn has her first date this Saturday evening to the Homecoming Dance. She started to ask me for advice and I said that I have none to give. I didn't go to homecoming and I never had a date. She was surprised to say the least. I told her to talk to my sister Kim. Hopefully, she can give Caitlyn some advise.

I've been all over the place with diet. Stress and not having a lot of time to do things has led me down the SAD road. Hopefully with Tristan ending cross country and the bankruptcy ending at the end of the month, I will feel less stressed and hopefully be able to work on diet and exercise. I meet with a dermatologist next month to discuss starting something new towards hair growth. I've been talking to one of my sisters lately and we both seem to think I'm in the throws of perimenopause. I have no desire for anything anymore. Libido is pretty much gone and when the mood hits, I take care of business myself. I'm considering going to a doctor my sister sees and looking into bio-identical hormones as I know they are better for you than crap most docs prescribe.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Libido is pretty much gone and when the mood hits, I take care of business myself.
    ^This... TMI? Sorry. I'm right there with you but I'm too young for menopause. Just no desire - THANKS KIDS! lol

Glad to see you back. Glad to see Tristan is doing well in CC and good luck to Caitliyn on her first date! How is it you're married and never went on a date??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    ^This... TMI? Sorry. I'm right there with you but I'm too young for menopause. Just no desire - THANKS KIDS! lol

Glad to see you back. Glad to see Tristan is doing well in CC and good luck to Caitliyn on her first date! How is it you're married and never went on a date??
    She was traded for 30 sheep and 4 camels. Isn't that how things are done in the Ohio?

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    She was traded for 30 sheep and 4 camels. Isn't that how things are done in the Ohio?

No we had no camels and no sheep. Dad sold the sheep to pay for the van.

Let me rephrase my high school dating situation. I never had a date to any school dances. Not sure if I had scurvy or some kind of odd disease, but I was never asked out during high school. As I liked to say, the homeliest girl and the girl with Spina Bifida both had a date to prom and I had me, myself and I.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    If it makes you feel any better, I never had any dates to dances with boys I actually went to school with. I had to take my loser older boyfriend who dropped out of school as a sophomore, sold drugs and had no driver's license and spent 45 days in the slammer for driving while barred, with me to the dances. Not sure what was wrong with me either... I was pretty unpopular in school so I tried to keep to myself. My insane desire for any kind of attention from people other than family led me to the douchebag extrordinaire. I had boyfriends from other schools - relationships that only lasted a couple of months - I suspect I did something to get ostracized while in school and two months is about how long it took for them to learn this. Whatever... High school is cruel.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I never had dates in high school either, I went with my friends. I think the best advice you can give your daughter is to be herself and not let anyone compromise her morals, ideals, or self-worth. And not to let anyone make her do something she doesn't want to do. I don't really know what kids do at dances these days, but when I was in high school, plenty of kids did coke in the bathroom (I learned about this later, I was just dancing up my corner of the dance floor with friends the whole time).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

If it makes you feel any better, I never had any dates to dances with boys I actually went to school with. I had to take my loser older boyfriend who dropped out of school as a sophomore, sold drugs and had no driver's license and spent 45 days in the slammer for driving while barred, with me to the dances. Not sure what was wrong with me either... I was pretty unpopular in school so I tried to keep to myself. My insane desire for any kind of attention from people other than family led me to the douchebag extrordinaire. I had boyfriends from other schools - relationships that only lasted a couple of months - I suspect I did something to get ostracized while in school and two months is about how long it took for them to learn this. Whatever... High school is cruel.
    I'm not sure if this will make you feel any better, but you did better than me. One guy asked me out that was a year ahead of me in school(same school) and I freaked out when he asked me out and I turned him down flat. I had a crush on said guy and that was why the freak out happened. I never thought he would have asked me out. He was quite attractive back in the day. Sort of looked like Eric Stoltz. Now, not so attractive. The one guy I had a couple of dates with in high school, I try to forget about. I dated a total of 3 guys in my life. One was right out of high school and 5 years older (that lasted a hot minute), another I met in college (another hot minute) and then Clint. The guy in high school that I dated went to another school, was set up on blind date with my homely friend, she didn't like him and hid in the restroom all night. He ended up asking me to dance and since my friend couldn't be found, I did. She ended up telling me she was grateful I danced with him. I should have known better than to go out with him. He kept grabbing my butt while we were dancing. He called me two weeks later and we went out three times. On the third date, he told me he wanted me to have sex with him and this other guy and I left him on the side of the road. Never talked to him since.
    Georgette