Page 136 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 136

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    it made me want to punch him in a "I'm not afraid to go back to prison" kind of thing.
    That's what makes you an awesome parent.

As for the teacher...When I was in junior high I had to change schools and didn't get any electives I wanted and was stuck as a library aide. We had to keep a daily written log of our activities. Apparently my lower case "f" look a little too similar to a capital "F". So, yeah...I think I got a D in that class. To quote Paul Newman in the classic movie Slap Shot, "Fuck'em...they're apes!"
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    We are back from Tristan's first race. She came in 100 out of I think 105 runners. She said the heat was horrible and started having trouble breathing on the hill. She also told me that she almost threw up when it was over. Next week, it will be much cooler, about 20 degrees cooler.
    Georgette

The only thing that bothers me about Tristan's running is this: for as long of legs that she has, she takes such short strides. Is that even normal? Also, when she's running fast, her one leg goes up so high in the back, that it looks like its kicking her in the butt
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Try googling running stride videos. Video her running and show her the "better" stride. She may be able to improve with this. FWIW, my daughter, who is very tall and athletically inclined, was usually in last place when she ran track, so I know how you shake your head and say WTF!

Tristan said it actually hurts if she tries to open her stride up. To me, her short strides look awkward. It's almost looks as if she isn't going anywhere.
    Georgette

This is what Tristan told me about her running. Hills, she can open up her stride and it doesn't hurt. On flat surfaces, the legs hurt and its from the ankle to the knee and also her upper outer thigh. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by geostump; 09-02-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Georgette

I'm so tired of having to email teachers to tell them I can't pay for this, that or the other. I have to pay $12 for a band shirt for Tristan by this Friday(at least that's what the form said). Apparently, the band teacher needed the money last Friday and Tristan is just telling me NOW! I actually sent the teacher a scathing email saying that I don't get paid until the 6th, the paper says the money is due on the 6th and unless she'll take a post dated check(because that is how she wants the goddamn money) then she will get payment on the 6th. I am so fucking tired of explaining to teachers that I am fucking broke and can't afford a damn thing. I am so fucking tired of being positive that I really just want to tell them all to go die in a hole. I'm sorry if you change your mind the last fucking minute about when you want the money. Keep to the original deadline or send a damn letter home
    Georgette

I'm so tired of having to email teachers to tell them I can't pay for this, that or the other. I have to pay $12 for a band shirt for Tristan by this Friday(at least that's what the form said). Apparently, the band teacher needed the money last Friday and Tristan is just telling me NOW! I actually sent the teacher a scathing email saying that I don't get paid until the 6th, the paper says the money is due on the 6th and unless she'll take a post dated check(because that is how she wants the goddamn money) then she will get payment on the 6th. I am so fucking tired of explaining to teachers that I am fucking broke and can't afford a damn thing. I am so fucking tired of being positive that I really just want to tell them all to go die in a hole. I'm sorry if you change your mind the last fucking minute about when you want the money. Keep to the original deadline or send a damn letter home.
    Georgette

Well, I was in the right and Tristan was in the wrong. Money due Friday. I can breathe.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    If Tristen is comfortable running the way she is, I say let it go. Whether she looks awkward or not... how is she placing? Is she coming in last? Is she doing well?

If not, have her see a physical therapist who will help her improve her technique. Physical therapy is covered by health insurance.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)