Page 131 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 131

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Woke up with minimal knee pain this morning. I really believe that what I ate Sunday night may have caused inflammation to pop up. Went to a friends house for a cookout and there was pasta salad and baked beans. I think the pasta salad might be the culprit. That really ticked me off as it was really good.
    Georgette

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Good to hear your knee is feeling somewhat better.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    It's been hurting on the inside if my left knee cap and sometimes straight on top of the knee cap itself. This morning, it felt like it had internal bruising. I've been taking my Advil/Tylenol cocktail and it has been helping. I know sometimes when I stand up, it will pop almost immediately. The bruising feeling is now at a minimum.
    That's what it felt like when my IT band was tight. It's a common running/increased activity "injury". A tight IT band will pull the knee cap to the outside (lateral) of the knee, causing pain/discomfort on the inside (medial) area of the knee. It also causes tracking issues where the knee cap doesn't "track" right when the leg bends, which causes that bruising feeling behind the knee cap.

There are stretches you can do to fix it. Google "ITBS stretches". Do them after you go for your walks with the girls.

I might also recommend getting a foam roller (available at Target and most Walmarts) and using it to roll out the IT band. A foam roller is a runner's best friend for this particular reason.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    If money is an issue, rubber band a towel around a can of hairspray or a rolling pin in place of a foam roller.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    If money is an issue, rubber band a towel around a can of hairspray or a rolling pin in place of a foam roller.
    ^this
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks ladies. I need to make a Target run tomorrow for a cardigan so I will check this out. You know what sucks, I haven't even been running, just walking. My knee feels much better now. Getting older sucks! I may even run to Target at lunch.
    Georgette

So, as I figured there are no gluten free choices for our meeting on Aug 8. So, I've ordered the biggest sandwich they've got and will eat it sans bread. It comes with fruit, pasta salad and a drink. Pasta salad will not be touched and fruit is debatable at best. I'm figuring I may actually eat a little something for breakfast that morning along with my BPC. After my recent run in with gluten on Sunday, I know I do not need to eat it. I now get the stomach gurgle and the runs. After meeting, I have a 2 hour drive home. I don't need to pull over and have to stop at every rest stop along I-71 S.
    Georgette

Some observations. I literally cannot eat like I used to. I get full quickly anymore and at times it's a bit depressing.

Woke up this morning with my allergies acting up and my back, hips and left arm pit was in excruciating pain. I have no idea what I did, if anything. Getting older sucks.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    What the heck could you have done to your left armpit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    What the heck could you have done to your left armpit?
    No clue. All I know is that it hurt like hell. I keep saying I'm falling apart
    Georgette