Page 129 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 129

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I was just thinking of something. For those of us who have never been thin since we were little, if there would be someway for us to be able to "see" what we would look like when we hit our goal weights. For someone like myself, maybe that would be a motivator.
    Supposedly, there are apps that do it, but I think they just vertically stretch and then scale it back to the right proportions. A master Photoshopper could do it, I'd wager, but not me. It'd be difficult to account for what muscle and not anyways.
    This isn't completely personalized, but it might get you in the ball park, especially with the visual adjust. For free, it isn't bad.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Thanks NK. I think I'm somewhere in between an apple and hourglass shape. My body is just so awkward to me.

I'm giving no 'poo a try starting tomorrow. For those who do go no 'poo, do you wet your hair on the days you don't cleanse it or what? I've never been able to find anything definitive on the subject.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Before I cut my hair so short, I could not wet it on days that I wasn't "washing" it because my water was too hard. My hair would get very grungy. Some people use pre-boiled water to wash & wet, but that was too much work for me. It seems okay with my hair really short though.

I would suggest starting with rinsing on days that you don't "wash" and see how it goes. It'll probably take up to 6 weeks to tell for sure if it's going to work with your water & scalp.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm debating on chopping my hair off right now.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Wait!!! If you still want to do it in a week or then proceed slowly. I hav had such impulses and then, WTF! Makes sure you want it or pay the price of regret

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Wait!!! If you still want to do it in a week or then proceed slowly. I hav had such impulses and then, WTF! Makes sure you want it or pay the price of regret
    I've had my hair as short as 1" long from a length of just below my shoulders. Even though my hair is fine, it grows quickly. It could be back to the length it is now by October.
    Georgette

What I really want to do is go to one of those salons that specialize in curly hair but it costs $50 for a cut! I plan on going around October and have my hair done before our division meeting at the end of October.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, can't tell you how many times I cut in haste and repented at leisure. My hair is exactly right right now and still I have days where I need to hide the scissors.

I've been in a perpetual hate/hate relationship with my hair for the past 10 years. I started losing my hair 10 years ago and have always hated it. I did okay when the curls started with my first pregnancy in 1998. The loss of my hair and the baldness have just been too much. I have never cut my hair " in haste" like most women do. I just don't like having the same style for more than 3-6 months and I feel like I have had some version of the same style for the past few years and I hate it.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't ask me, I will tell you to chop it off
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).