Page 123 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 123

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I wish someone did. I am not a very genteel person in these situations.
    Well, personally, I would go at it very logically. I need a second job for A-B-C reasons. It is nothing to do with you (Stumpy) just the situation we are temporarilly in. It helps the family get to point X.

It's hard to argue with logic.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, personally, I would go at it very logically. I need a second job for A-B-C reasons. It is nothing to do with you (Stumpy) just the situation we are temporarilly in. It helps the family get to point X.

It's hard to argue with logic.
    I need to hire you as a PR consultant. That is more brilliant than anything I could come up with.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I need to hire you as a PR consultant. That is more brilliant than anything I could come up with.
    It's called being a dude. Logic I like. Start crying/using emotion at me and I am not listening to a word you say.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It's called being a dude. Logic I like. Start crying at me and I am not listening to a word you say.
    I've done both and he doesn't listen to either. As long as I have a second job that will work around band and cross country commitments, I'm happy

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Note to self...Do not cry when you meet canio...

Geo, this is such a tough thing. Money issues are a marraige killer. Sorry.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I dont have anything for the money issues, DH and I are still touchy on that discussion, but I do have an idea on the golf. When I had to move back home for a few months in between jobs and my dad was a golfer I rode along in the cart and took photos. Golf courses are usually quite beautiful places and with the digital age you can just load the photos on a computer and never print them thus making it a very inexpensive hobby... The photography not the golf.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I dont have anything for the money issues, DH and I are still touchy on that discussion, but I do have an idea on the golf. When I had to move back home for a few months in between jobs and my dad was a golfer I rode along in the cart and took photos. Golf courses are usually quite beautiful places and with the digital age you can just load the photos on a computer and never print them thus making it a very inexpensive hobby... The photography not the golf.
    I'm a horrible picture taker. My oldest is the photographer in the house.

Speaking of pictures
    , my two youngest daughters were baptized. Beautiful day for it. I had Caitlyn use my iPhone to take some pictures and she got some great ones. There's an awesome picture of me, Clint and the girls and I actually despise the picture just because the spot where my hair is really thin, the bald spot shows up big time. The bald spot had me so freaked out, I started researching hair transplants. Now I'm more inclined to hide from the camera yet again.
    Last edited by geostump; 06-17-2013 at 09:31 AM.

It's official. Caitlyn's registered for high school. She's taking a home ec class so I am happy about that. I can't show her anything in the kitchen, so this will help her. She gets mad if I ask her to help me in the kitchen. Oh well, I'm just glad she's registered for school.

As usual, I'm craving caprese salad. I made some and took a piece of it and put it on a burger and had a caprese burger. Such a good lunch today.

I did a barre3 workout at home this morning and my thighs were on fire. Last night, Tristan and I walked over 2 miles and it felt good. I really need to get out more often and do this. I plan on making this an evening activity for me.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Could you do something like donating plasma that pays out without taking a second job? I used to donate plasma. It's easy and you can do it every other day, maximum of 3x per week. First two times typically pay $50 a visit, then $20 a visit after that. You could sock this money away for that rainy day or to pay the tax penalty... or at the very least, it could be used to offset some of the cost of insurance once you're required to start paying for it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Could you do something like donating plasma that pays out without taking a second job? I used to donate plasma. It's easy and you can do it every other day, maximum of 3x per week. First two times typically pay $50 a visit, then $20 a visit after that. You could sock this money away for that rainy day or to pay the tax penalty... or at the very least, it could be used to offset some of the cost of insurance once you're required to start paying for it.
    The closest (and only) plasma donation place is in Downtown Columbus and the drive for $50-$20 a pop isn't worth the gas money. We HAVE to take insurance. With Tristan running cross country we must have coverage in the off chance she is injured.

I did finally talk with Clint about one or both of us getting a part time job and he agreed. He's applied at an Auto Zone retailer near his work and I have a few places I'm going to apply at. I keep telling myself that its just until the end of the year and we can make it work.

After the past week, I'm living under the assumption that you have one really good kid and one that trouble just seems to find. Tristan is the good kid, Caitlyn is the one that trouble just seems to follow. I've received loads of compliments for Tristan from her cross country coaches. She's a hard worker, determined to do well and is one of two middle schoolers running with the high schoolers. This is her first time running and the other girl able to keep up has been running for years. Caitlyn got in a fight the other night at the street fair in town. She didnt start it, but she finished it. Some girl 9" taller and twice her size that she does not know yelled her name and sucker punched her. Caitlyn was so mad, she pushed the girl down and started wailing on the other girl. By the time the 2 boys she was with pulled her off the other girl, she had a black eye and ran off crying. I'm still amazed no cops a saw this.