Page 122 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 122

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What's worse, is that I would only need the job until the end of the year as that is when the bankruptcy will be up. It's just difficult to figure out if its worth not taking the insurance and endure the tax hit. I'm looking at Tristan's sports fees; then for all the girls, school fees, school clothes and supplies and I just do not know how I'm going to do this without a second job. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Can you find out how big the penalties will be? I kinda doubt they will go into effect as the gov't can't seem to get anything done, so I figure that this may be the same. What are your predicted/ known medical needs for the fall? How much more is the insurance? This seems to fall under the " crap I can't control" heading, so set it aside and work on something you can make better. A second job may end up costing you too much in loss of family time and eating out is one of he first symptoms.

Penalties will run $500 for the first year and we're looking at around $1000 for 2014 being without coverage for the first 7 months of the year. I don't have any money that I can put aside to save for anything right now.

I'm looking at kids needing braces, if Tristan injures herself in cross country, I'll need insurance for that. I work in healthcare, I know Obamacare is not going anywhere.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Most dental insurance is straight up crap. Also, I 'needed' braces. Still do. Don't see that ever happening. Actually, to fix my teeth they would need to break my jaw, reset it, and then give me braces. Yeah, f*ck that. Point being, kids can live without them.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

If Tristan gets injured and I don't have insurance, its not like I have a couple thousand put aside for something like that. I have no way to save money right money. There are some weeks, Clint is lucky if he brings home $200. That's because his pay covers the bankruptcy payment. If I'm not overdrawn once a month, something is good. It's only happened once this year, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    If Tristan gets injured and I don't have insurance, its not like I have a couple thousand put aside for something like that. I have no way to save money right money. There are some weeks, Clint is lucky if he brings home $200. That's because his pay covers the bankruptcy payment. If I'm not overdrawn once a month, something is good. It's only happened once this year, but it happens.
    Oh, I get that. I am not disagreeing there. I have just not yet found dental insurance that was worth the money. Health insurance is a different matter.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

The dental is $10/ pay so I'm not sweating that so much. It's just one if those things that i know Tristan will need. Plus glasses.

I'm just trying to figure out a way to tell Clint that I'm going to do this without bruising his ego. I swear, that man is fucking sensitive about his ego. I say something the wrong way and its like I'm on his shit list for a year. Hell, I am the person who put us in this situation, I may as well get another job.

Well, I've got nothing for ego and oversensitive husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, I've got nothing for ego and oversensitive husbands.
    I wish someone did. I am not a very genteel person in these situations.