Page 120 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 120

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My apologies.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The joys of parenting. It's the most difficult job in the world

I didn't realize I haven't posted anything here for almost 2 weeks. Just been pretty damn busy. Works been kind of crazy. My doctor is at an event in Columbus so I am in the office by myself today. I don't have a lot to do today, so I am doing my nails right now.

This Sunday, my two youngest are being baptized by immersion at a pond near our church. Caitlyn wants to do this but she's very shy around people so she isn't.

Weather is going balls today. A storm similar to the one that damaged our house last June is supposed to come through tonight. Keep all of Ohio in your prayers. It can get nasty very, very quickly.

Diet has been fairly primal for the past couple of weeks. Our local pizza place has a gluten free crust that is even better than regular crusted pizza.

In other news, Clint told me Sunday that he wants me take up golf. The last time we attempted to play golf together was hell for me. I either hit the ball too hard or not hard enough. I eventually got so upset with him, that I walked to the car and said F you. I was actually thinking of getting the marriage annulled (at that point, we had only been married for 4 days). He did the same thing when we joined a bowling league and the same when he tried to teach me how to drive a stick. So when he said that he wants me to learn how to play golf, I told him its not a good idea. He looked deflated. I never explained further because I know he'll get upset then I'll get upset. Part of me would like to play golf, just not with him.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    In other news, Clint told me Sunday that he wants me take up golf. The last time we attempted to play golf together was hell for me. I either hit the ball too hard or not hard enough. I eventually got so upset with him, that I walked to the car and said F you. I was actually thinking of getting the marriage annulled (at that point, we had only been married for 4 days). He did the same thing when we joined a bowling league and the same when he tried to teach me how to drive a stick. So when he said that he wants me to learn how to play golf, I told him its not a good idea. He looked deflated. I never explained further because I know he'll get upset then I'll get upset. Part of me would like to play golf, just not with him.
    Could you go, ride around in the cart, get some sun and just hang out? A little bonding time without the pressure of the game?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Could you go, ride around in the cart, get some sun and just hang out? A little bonding time without the pressure of the game?
    I'm not so sure that's good enough for him. He really wants me to play. I agreed to play putt putt periodically but that's it. Part of my problem is when he tells me I'm not doing something properly is that I do internalize it to I'm not good at it, nor do I want to be good at so screw you. I'm not sure if that's called being stubborn or just giving up. I've done that all my life. Tell me I'm bad at something or say it in a way that pisses me off, I'm done.

I'm not so sure that's good enough for him. He really wants me to play. I agreed to play putt putt periodically but that's it. Part of my problem is when he tells me I'm not doing something properly is that I do internalize it to I'm not good at it, nor do I want to be good at so screw you. I'm not sure if that's called being stubborn or just giving up. I've done that all my life. Tell me I'm bad at something or say it in a way that pisses me off, I'm done.
    Hmm...perhaps ask him why he wants you to play? Or just straight up tell him, "Thanks for the offer, but I do not find golf enjoyable. I would like to spend time with you though so how about I caddy?"

If he still says no then he is acting like a child and can get the f*ck over it.

He might just be looking for an outlet to spend more time with you. If you go along and have fun he should be good with that even if you are not playing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

He might just be looking for an outlet to spend more time with you. If you go along and have fun he should be good with that even if you are not playing.
    I totally agree with this sentiment. I see him looking at the future and trying to figure things out that we can do as a couple. I'm almost wondering if we've become polar opposites on this front. I want to be by water and he wants nothing to do with water. We really don't do much together and I'm ok with that. I keep wondering if that's just my loner mentality coming out.

I totally agree with this sentiment. I see him looking at the future and trying to figure things out that we can do as a couple. I'm almost wondering if we've become polar opposites on this front. I want to be by water and he wants nothing to do with water. We really don't do much together and I'm ok with that. I keep wondering if that's just my loner mentality coming out.
    It certainly could be, and I understand the need for 'alone' time, but if you can make Stumpy happy without going crazy that is good too. Heck, you can work on getting some vit D while out at the course if nothing else

It certainly could be, and I understand the need for 'alone' time, but if you can make Stumpy happy without going crazy that is good too. Heck, you can work on getting some vit D while out at the course if nothing else
    The Vit D part is the only thing that I could think of that would be good. I know if I'm not doing anything, I start obsessing on what I could be doing at the house and I then become upset and that's when I start thinking, I need to go, there are other things I need to do elsewhere. I wouldn't have fun doing that. I'd fall asleep or read a book.

Sorry but I've got nothing for that I like spending time with my spouse and always hope that will always be the case. Is there anything you and Stumpy could do together that you would like?