Page 118 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 118

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh that is rough. Sorry Geo.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Ahh, teenage logic. I remember feeling very strongly that my parents were always out to get me, even when I was in the wrong. They are rough years, but your kids sound pretty solid otherwise. I hope you can get through it okay
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys. The girl actually owned up this morning and apologized *gasp* to me. I told her she should also apologize to her Campus Life leaders and she agreed. I will give her this much, she apologized to me. I would have never done that when I was younger. I still have trouble with that as an adult.

After talking with my oldest sister Saturday, we've come to the realization that I more than likely have Raynaud's Syndrome. My hands and feet are almost constantly cold. I am having to keep the heat on my feet driving to work and its practically summer! I'm thinking of googling supps that may help with Raynauds. My sister said hers just stopped bothering her. I'm hoping that is the case for me.
    Georgette

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    There is a lot of stuff out there saying that Reynaud's is linked to autoimmunity and that doing a strict autoimmune paleo protocol helps. I've also heard that increasing magnesium helps out too. The strict autoimmune thing kinda sucks since there are no eggs, tomatoes, and peppers(which also eliminates a lot of spices), but they say after sufficient healing has occurred you can try to start adding them back.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

My sister didn't do any of that and I'm not willing to give them up either. I'd increase magnesium in a heartbeat. In some of what I've read, you can have this as a part of carpal tunnel. I've had that for about 20 years now. It's worse in my feet than hands, even though the hands do get bad.
    Georgette

So here it goes. Monday, I'm going back on full on NK with a either a weekly or bi-weekly cheat. The cheat may be an entire day, it could be a meal; I just feel that adding in a set cheat day would help keep me from bingeing. I did this while following Body for Life and I really do believe this kept me sane and helped with any stressors that came up. Stress levels have come down somewhat, but having one teenager and 2 almost teens in the house, I'm going to be stressed. Also, my less than happy marriage doesn't help and looking seriously into going back to school won't help with stress.
    Georgette

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My sister didn't do any of that and I'm not willing to give them up either. I'd increase magnesium in a heartbeat. In some of what I've read, you can have this as a part of carpal tunnel. I've had that for about 20 years now. It's worse in my feet than hands, even though the hands do get bad.
    My hands got much warmer when I quit eating gluten. If I eat too many tomatoes, peppers, or tomatoes (nightshades) my wrists get cranky and my hands get frozen again. I seem to be able to handle seasoning, but not large amounts of spaghetti sauce or mashed potatoes.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

My hands warm up whenever I eat. Feet just stay cold. I could wear socks and they'll stay cold. Body heat is the only thing that seems to make my feet warm. I haven't noticed any changes due to diet. I don't eat a lot nightshades. I may eat them once a week. It's not fun, but I deal with it until they're so cold they hurt.
    Georgette

After some of the research on alternative treatments for Raynauds, I've found I should drop caffeine *ugh*, relax(easier said than done) and take niacin(no flush niacin makes me turn redder than a damn beet). My feet were so cold this morning that I had to turn the heat on just for my feet and the outside temp was 64. Idk what to do anymore with this.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Apparently, it looks like they are keeping be around here. My name badge came in. *woot*
    Georgette