Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 117

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    LMAO. Funny but totally wrong lol
    Huh, well there goes yet another page out of my parenting book... :/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Get one of those bike trolleys (kinda like a stroller to attach to a bike) and strap it on to her for slightly less resistance?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Huh, well there goes yet another page out of my parenting book... :/
    And this sir, is why you aren't a parent
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    And this sir, is why you aren't a parent
    one of many reasons....

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Strength training is a great idea b/c if she has ANY muscle imbalance it'll present itself by way of running injuries.

Google strength training for runners, but stick to advice from legitimate sites like Runners World or Running Times. Basically, she'll need stuff that will work her glutes and hamstrings. Strong glutes and hamstrings make for a strong runner. Quads build naturally during running. If her glutes aren't strong and don't know how to "fire" she'll use her piriformis muscle too much which will cause lots of problems (it's too small to do all that work). I've spent MONTHS working on my glutes to give my piriformis a rest.

Google stretches too. Make sure she stretches her hip flexors and IT Band. Those are where most runners have trouble. Most runners tend to focus on stretching their quads, hams, and calves, and not enough time on the smaller muscles like the hip flexors or the connective tissues like the IT band that tend to get inflammed. I say this b/c I have experienced problems with ALL of these. The Princess of Pain spent all of 2012 fixing things I jacked up by stretching the wrong stuff and not strengthening. That is why 2013 is the year of strength.

2011 was the year of overtraining for half marathons.
    2012 was the year of getting fixed.
    2013 is the year of strength.
    2014 will be the year of PROPERLY training for half marathons.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks Jenn. I was looking online, and Runners World had some good stuff listed for workouts. Most are body weight so would be good for Tristan.

The best part about her doing cross country is that I will be able to attend all meets minus 1. They're all on Saturdays so I will not have to miss work for them. The plus for her is that a girl who is in her grade is also doing cross country and is going to help her with running. This girls entire family runs so she is used to it.
    Georgette

I'm looking over what I've seen online for a runners diet and I know she would do very well with that except hers will be higher fat just due to the fact that I buy higher fat products. Also, going to work on her being more gluten free to see if that helps her out.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Runner's diets are based on CW garbage. Primal will work just fine for her and her running. I know. I'm a primal runner.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Runner's diets are based on CW garbage. Primal will work just fine for her and her running. I know. I'm a primal runner.
    And I get that. She doesn't want the bread, pasta, rice and the lowfat this that or the other. We're keeping it primal except for the consumption of oats. That child loves oats.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm so ready to runaway from this thing called parenting. Caitlyn was supposed to do a work day for her camping trip later in June to help pay for it. She tells the leaders she would t be able to make it, she wasn't feeling well. In turn, she texts me from her friend Nay's house that she was stating at Nay's until 8. After the youth group leaders came and picked up Tristan and Heather, I get a call from one of leaders asking how Caitlyn was. I said she was fine, that she was at Nays. That's when I found out what Caitlyn told them versus what she told me. I called Caitlyn, picked her up from Nay's and grounded her. We just got in an argument and she accused me of not trusting and believing her. I told her, you're going to say this to me after you told me about doing pot? She actually told me I don't love her. I almost slapped her for that. I've never been so upset as a parent.
    Georgette