Page 115 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 115

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    While she may be able to trust her friends, she absolutely CAN NOT trust the dealer. Dealers lace things. I had pot laced with coke once. BAD experience! Dealers don't stop at coke either... they will dump other stuff on pot as well - it builds their business.

AND at the same time, if something were to happen, would her friends really truly help her or would they run scared to avoid getting into trouble by their parents or the authorities?

I think I'd be more scared of what could happen if it were my kid than anything else. I'd probably monitor their comings and goings more frequently and turn into "paranoid mom". You're more level headed than me. But then again, you've read my journal and know how I feel about pot.

But, that being said, 14 does seem kind of young for someone to pick up a habit like that. It might not be CHEMICALLY addictive, but the effects of euphoria CAN become addictive - dopamine release and whatnot. Just proceed with extreme caution and remind her of what happens if she's arrested for it, what the risks are based on dirty dealers, and all that stuff. Keep the lines of communication open and while you're at it, WARN WARN WARN about the use of K2, that synthetic pot. THAT stuff is deadly.

Just continue to be a good mom and I'm sure things will work out fine.
    I did tell Caitlyn that she needs to be careful of the source and that pot can be laced with other drugs and you can't trust the dealer or others to tell you about it.
    Georgette

Please tell me y'all would be mad about this. There is a girl that goes to school with Tristan who is spreading rumors about Tristan saying that she wants to kill herself. Tristan had to go to the guidance office in regard to this yesterday and she told the guidance counselor she would never do that and that she no longer will speak with the girl saying this about her. Guess who never received a call from the schools? Yep, you guessed it, her parents. I left a message with the counselor on this and haven't heard anything back. The ironic part of this is the girl who is spreading these rumors about my daughter, has apparently said that she wants to kill herself to others and no one has said a damn thing about it. This girl used to be friends with Tristan. I never liked the girl and now Tristan doesn't either.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I would be pretty mad about that.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I'm giving the guidance counselor 24 hours to contact me. If she doesn't, there will be an email going to the guidance counselor and the principal on this matter. I want to request that both of these girls not have any classes together for next school year. I also want to send the mother a letter as well.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, the school has to A) make sure all is good with Tristan and B) cover their ass. No one wants to be the subject of this headline "Local Girl Commits Suicide. Counselor Knew and Did Nothing."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I would be livid. Whether that girl is serious or not, she needs some attention, if only to get her to stop spreading awful rumors about your daughter (and herself).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It was bad enough getting a call from one of Tris's bff's moms asking if everything is ok with Tristan and blah blah blah. Then having to bring it up to Tris and her in tears over it. You could almost say the girl spreading the rumors is a bully and you all know how schools feel about bullies nowadays.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    The school must inform you when there is any incident with your child and what action was/is being taken. You have every right to be angry.

I think 24 hrs is more than reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The school must inform you when there is any incident with your child and what action was/is being taken. You have every right to be angry.

I think 24 hrs is more than reasonable.
    Ours doesn't and this isn't the first time there has been an issue regarding one of the girls that they hadn't called me on.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'd be enraged. Ypu've given them more leeway than I would have.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome