Page 113 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 113

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Been busy as hell at work this week. Sarah, the audiologist is back from vacation and informed yesterday that she is leaving the company at the end of June. Her husband is the chief orthopedic resident at a local hospital and for his fellow, he's accepted a position in Tampa, FL for a year and they are moving mid July. She's putting her notice in this Friday so should be interesting. This doesn't even affect my job so that makes me super happy. I just hope the new doctor is really nice. I don't want one who's a total ass.

I'm not too sure what the hell is going on with my husband and I. Things were going well until Sunday came and he was trying to get me to stay home instead of going to church and the girls and I went. Before I left, he said something to the effect of, "I think we've been married too long." In my mind, I'm thinking, "yes and what do you plan to do to fix it." but I didn't say anything. I'm still not too sure what I want. I love the man. I just don't know anymore.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow... that's an interesting comment. I wonder what it means. Hugs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My theory is that the passion is gone. We cuddle, hold hands, but nothing really beyond that. I rarely start anything sexual(TMI), but I've been like that for years. It's all up to him in that arena. If he didn't try, I would be happy with it. How bad is that. I'm 37 and just don't really want to have sex with my husband. I still want it, just not with him all that often.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    No words, just hugs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My theory is that the passion is gone. We cuddle, hold hands, but nothing really beyond that. I rarely start anything sexual(TMI), but I've been like that for years. It's all up to him in that arena. If he didn't try, I would be happy with it. How bad is that. I'm 37 and just don't really want to have sex with my husband. I still want it, just not with him all that often.
    I am the same way. It is possible to have a happy, sex free marriage. We are doing it. I haven't had sex in years.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I am the same way. It is possible to have a happy, sex free marriage. We are doing it. I haven't had sex in years.
    ^This.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I don't want a sexless marriage, but at the way things stand, I would almost prefer that then what we have now. It sometimes feel that a part of me is gone which is sad at times.

Today is our 16th anniversary. Tomorrow night, we are going out to The Funny Bone for dinner and see comedian Chad Daniels. We've never been, so are excited to go. I'm thinking of getting a mani/pedi after work tonight.

I've got something that I need some advise on. One of my children told me she's smoked marijuana last Friday. She always told me she wouldn't because she didn't see the point of it and just a bunch of other things. I'm now almost wishing she hadn't of told me this. I actually wish I didn't have such an open relationship with my kids. I know that if I tell her she can't see her friends, it will just make things worse. Idk what to do in this situation. I was a good kid who didn't do anything like this until I was 18. I don't want to judge her, but I don't like the feeling I'm getting in my gut either.
    Georgette

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    But did she like the pot or did she tell you because she has now tried it and can't stand it and will never do it again?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I think she liked it. That's the impression I got. The one thing that I am grateful for is that she was with a bunch of friends that she trusted. If she was 18, I would handle it a lot differently than I am with her being 14. I know if I told her not to be friends with them, she'd rebel. That's what I did when my mom said that to me.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm not a parent, so take this with a dump of salt. I feel like if I felt open enough with my mom to tell her something like that, I'm either a) sharing because I love her or b) want guidance. I think I would tell my daughter that I'm glad she did this with people she trusts, in a safe environment etc. Emphasize the things that you feel she did right and thank her for telling me. I think I would tell her that it makes me uncomfortable that she's doing it, especially since she seemed so adverse to it before, but it's her decision.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).