Page 109 of 147 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 109

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    It took me a long time to be able just to say "thank you" to a compliment. I am glad that you are parenting well, not trying to be best buds. My mother always said she was raising future adults and gave us skills for that and we all turned out well. My sister was best friends with her kids and she has had nothing but problems.
    My mom always told me that you can become friendlier with your kids after they are out of the house. Probably the only piece of advice I would take from her. It's been within the past 4-5 years that I could say "thank you" after getting a compliment.

I'm at my home office now for work. I really enjoy it. I may be going back to the office I trained at to go over insurance verification which is a pain in the ass. Our forms for verification are stupid and its difficult to figure out what to ask when calling insurance companies. The audiologist I work with told me today that she feels like I will have a great future there. I really do like it. It doesn't feel like work! I think I found my grown up job!
    Georgette

I forgot to add that I was talking with my audiologist and we were on the topic of weight loss. She lost 60 pounds after having her daughter. I told her about my weightloss and wanting to lose another 50 pounds. She actually told me that may be too much for me to lose. When I got home, I checked the keto calculator and lo and behold! She was right. If I get down to 150, that would put me at 10% bodyfat. I could actually weigh 180-170 and be at 20%-15% bodyfat. I could deal with that.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Maybe it was in your old journal, but at some point, you shared some amazing chicken wing/drumstick recipe that involved Parmesan cheese. It had a fun name, too. I'm kind of making it up as I go tonight, but was wondering if you had any idea what recipe I'm talking about! I wanted to make it .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hey NW! Most definitely do. They're called "heroin wings". Look in the food forum and search by that name. Look for the recipe from Patrick. So so good
    Georgette

At work with not a damn thing to do. The doctor I work doesn't really see patients in the office on Fridays so it is a slooooow day. I've done my housekeeping while she is out visiting a couple of her nursing home patients. Once she comes back, we're having to go over things for me to do as she is on vacation next week. Next Monday, I will only be here a half day as I am going to another office for state Medicaid training. Tuesday and Friday it will just be myself here and Wed and Thurs, there will be two other doctors seeing patients part of the day. I'm really enjoying the job though. The patients are great, and the doctor I work with is really sweet too.

I woke up at 1:41 am this morning and didn't fall back to sleep until around 3:30 am. For some reason, I felt anxious. Not sure why to be honest. My eating has been really clean other than the hash browns I made last night. i pray that nightshades aren't an issue for me. When the alarm went off at 6:15, I just wanted to cry. Coffee just isn't working for me today.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yesss I knew it had an awesome name! I winged it and they were delicious anyway. Hulky love them. Next time, I'll do the butter and more cheese!

So glad your job is working out well right now. It sounds great! Always good to be happy with the people you work with.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The asiago gives soooo much flavor. I made them for a family reunion a few years back, and I should've tripled the recipe. Everyone wanted the recipe.
    Georgette

Odd craving for the past 2 days. Caprese salad. Had it for lunch both yesterday and today. So simple, yet so delicious.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    The best salad ever!

So happy to hear the contentedness in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The best salad ever!

So happy to hear the contentedness in your posts.
    Your correct on that being the best salad ever. Thinking when tomatoes are in season, I'll make some and take to work for Sarah for lunch.

I guess I am relatively content for once. It's a weird feeling.

Last night, it was so darn nice out. Clint and I shared a 6 pack of Yuengling Black & Tan and we ate some pizza outside. We fell asleep around 9 last night. I slept until 8, Clint has to work today. Getting ready to go to the butcher with the MIL and possibly taking the younger 2 to get outfits for their band concert on the 16th.
    Georgette