Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 108

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yea for quitting that horrible job! I am so glad you could do it. Anytime you can get away from office drama you are better off.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good gig! I hope you enjoy it and excell!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Today is my final day off before I start my new job. The last day for taking Caitlyn out to Newark for her OAA testing. After talking in the car with her and having brunch with her and the MIL yesterday, I have learned several things from my 14 yo. #1) She's EXTREMELY mature for her age and wise beyond her years. #2) Out of all of her friends, she is the only one who hasn't touched drugs and had sex yet and has no desire for either. I love her reasoning for not doing either. In regards to not doing drugs, her theory is why do drugs as when the high is gone, your problems will still be there. You'll still have your pain. Find a way to deal with it that is constructive. In regards to sex, she doesn't want a baby, STD and she knows that sex isn't love. She's actually starting to make plans for a future that is pretty bright.

Tristan is starting to make me nervous. The more her body changes, it seems as if she is losing her confidence. She's still doing well in school, but I don't think she likes the fact that she is getting to be a very beautiful young lady and the fact that boys are noticing her. We went on a walk last night and some eighth grade boys she knows from school were playing basketball nearby and she didn't want to walk past them. It took about 5 minutes of convincing from Caitlyn and myself that it will be ok. I had to tell her a story from my past and that helped her. When we made it around the path, Tristan and I were talking and I noticed that some of the boys started talking together and were looking at Tristan. I gave them the look that said, "you mess with my daughter, you mess with me and I will hurt you." They stopped looking after that.

Clint seems to be depressed. I have this nagging suspicion that something has happened at work and he won't tell me about it. He came home last night, went back to the room and barely said two words to me. I asked him how work was and he didn't respond. He didn't really touch me like he normally would and he didn't sleep at all last night. He actually considered calling off work today but he needed some tools he has at work for a side job so he just decided to go in and say screw it. I don't have a good feeling about him and am worrying about him.
    Georgette

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Wow so much going on. I hope Clint is okay. Your daughter sounds amazing. You have done a good job. Tristan will get there too. It so hard to be that age with all the changes. Maybe some extra daughter-daddy time would help?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Daddy daughter time is kind of a funny idea for my husband. He hasn't done anything just him and the girls since they were about 8. The most he does with them now us watch Doctor Who with them. Maybe jokes around with them. That's about it.

A few weeks back, Tristan was telling me how some eighth grade boy told her she was pretty and she went off on him. She told him she didn't like him and that he's rude. Ever since then, he's been up in her business. She's frustrated with the whole situation. I told her that she should just ignore the boy or tell him "that's nice" and let it be. I told her by saying what she did, the boy is looking at her as a challenge and will do anything to make her crack.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I hope your hubby is okay.

It sounds like you have wonderful patience with Tristan. The stories you tell about your girls are truly inspiring. You sound like a great mom to me .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I hope your hubby is okay.

It sounds like you have wonderful patience with Tristan. The stories you tell about your girls are truly inspiring. You sound like a great mom to me .
    He's doing better. When I was with Caitlyn at her last day of state testing, he was texting me saying today was a better day and hopefully, he'll sleep better. I have a feeling we'll be out by eight.

Thanks for the compliment NW. I try to be like the mom I didn't have but not cross that friend line. I don't want to be too angry, yet give good advise. I never really had that growing up so I'm hoping they don't have to go through 20 yrs of therapy.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I strive to be a mom like you. Honestly. I want the kind of relationship with my kids that you have with yours.

Glad Clint is having a better day. I hope you are as well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I just woke up from a 90 minute nap after church today. I needed it. Not sure why I felt so tired, but I did. I'm going to make some chicken legs, tuna salad and get dinner going. Been a strange couple of days to say the least.
    Georgette

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    A few weeks back, Tristan was telling me how some eighth grade boy told her she was pretty and she went off on him. She told him she didn't like him and that he's rude. Ever since then, he's been up in her business. She's frustrated with the whole situation. I told her that she should just ignore the boy or tell him "that's nice" and let it be. I told her by saying what she did, the boy is looking at her as a challenge and will do anything to make her crack.
    It took me a long time to be able just to say "thank you" to a compliment. I am glad that you are parenting well, not trying to be best buds. My mother always said she was raising future adults and gave us skills for that and we all turned out well. My sister was best friends with her kids and she has had nothing but problems.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.