Page 104 of 147 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 104

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hope you hear something soon. I hate the waiting game too. I have 5 applications in at a local University/Hospital and two have 'closed' so they're reviewing applications. I'm anxiously awaiting word on one position in particular, but would be excited to venture into any of the other positions I applied for - provided they pay enough. They all listed minimum salaries "to commensurate" which my aunt, who works for the hospital, says is based on experience and education. Since they were "commensurate", I figured I'd entertain them and see what happens. But... that means FIVE job interviews, which means a LOT of time off work, unless I can do ALL the interviews in one or two days... talk about stressful days! Too far away to use my lunch hour for the job interviews.

Anyhow, I wish you luck in your employment endeavors.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I heard from the company in question today. Well, at least the company that does background checks for them. I had to call my high school for them to give the year I graduated. I at least know I'm still on the running. I also have an interview with an audiologist group for a patient care coordinator. This company has offices in several states and a woman that I worked with at Aetna referred me to them.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I hope you hear something soon. I hate the waiting game too. I have 5 applications in at a local University/Hospital and two have 'closed' so they're reviewing applications. I'm anxiously awaiting word on one position in particular, but would be excited to venture into any of the other positions I applied for - provided they pay enough. They all listed minimum salaries "to commensurate" which my aunt, who works for the hospital, says is based on experience and education. Since they were "commensurate", I figured I'd entertain them and see what happens. But... that means FIVE job interviews, which means a LOT of time off work, unless I can do ALL the interviews in one or two days... talk about stressful days! Too far away to use my lunch hour for the job interviews.

Anyhow, I wish you luck in your employment endeavors.
    If they're private sector, you should be looking at higher pay. However, typically, the benefits at university/hospitals are so good, they outweigh the pay. Good luck to ya!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    If they're private sector, you should be looking at higher pay. However, typically, the benefits at university/hospitals are so good, they outweigh the pay. Good luck to ya!
    The University of Iowa is a state university. It's a teaching hospital. HUGE college campus and HUGE hospital campus. It's also where I had both of my kids.

Thanks for the luck.

And FINALLY... you shared the name of the insurance company... lol I think we might have some kind of dealing with them, but it's through Brad's employer and I'm not sure what coverage they offer us. Maybe dental? I got an explanation of benefits from them the other week but didn't look at it.

I didn't work on the dental side. I worked HMO National Accounts. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I rarely dealt with irate members which was nice. Most of the complained about Obamacare which would have me laughing because in my head I was agreeing with them. I love how I can now actually argue against it with people on the street now and win points.

I know someone who works for The Ohio State University and she has amazing benefits. Free education, extremely low cost health care, 24/7 access to campus workout facilities, you name it. If she had kids, their college would be discounted to 75% off. She's tried to talk both Clint and into applying but neither of us want to join a union.
    Georgette

I don't think Iowa offers the same benefits, but it sure would be a nice bonus!

Typically, most universities due offer free or low cost tuition to its employees and family members. Even private ones do that.

Question, what are some good interview questions? I know the pay, bonus structure, benefits, and the basics of the job. I just never know what to ask at interviews and not look like a damn idiot.
    Georgette

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    -How would one succeed at [xyz company]?
    -What is the management style like at the company?
    -What kind of advancement protocol is there?
    -Define the single best attribute of a successful employee.
    -How does [xyz company] encourage career growth and achieving potential?
    -What is the employee culture like?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks NK.

You remember me mentioning my MIL's ex husband? Found out he died in his sleep and his body was found some time Wednesday. He has no money, no insurance policy so his body is just lying in state at a funeral home. They can't even embalm him. My MIL said that she was wanting to donate some money to help. I told her to be careful about that. Later yesterday, she spoke with his daughter and one if her daughters separately. Both of them told her he didn't want her at the funeral at all period. Funny thing is that she still loved the SOB. All he did was lie, cheat and steal from her and yet she still loved him. How fucked up is that shit. I guess that shows why she's been married and divorced thrice.
    Georgette

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This may not be what they want to hear, but it would give closure and be less expensive than a funeral: donate his body to science. Seriously. I'm not sure what the process would be in your area, but I know many of the sciences that rely on human corpses are hurting for more.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome