Page 103 of 147 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 103

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't heard from the one company I met with last week yet but hopefully soon. I have also spoken with 2 other companies. At least things are moving in a direction of betterness.
    Georgette

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Hang in there. Good things are coming
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

So I've totally ate WAAAAAAAAY off plan all weekend long. I found that 2 tsps of ACV in coffee does help with asthma related symptoms but coffee does a better job. My carpal tunnel is flaring up like a mother. Seriously hurts like hell. This is from eating 2 meals off plan.
    Georgette

I think I will throw yesterdays eating into the binge category. I ate soooooooo much it hurts. I keep saying I will never eat like this again, yet I know I will do this again.
    Georgette

Today I am doing something more akin to low carb versus NK. I think for the time being, I need higher protein to help me get past the binges. I'm still keeping fat higher than protein, but only within 30g or so. I have my carbs on MFP listed as being at 40g but will still keep them at 30 or less.
    Georgette

With my job woes, Clint is having some of his own and it's driving me mad. I'm so scared he's going to walk out on his job and there is not a damn thing that I can say to stop him if he does. I'm just so damn scared that we're going to lose everything and there isn't a thing I can do to stop it. He actually told me Friday that he hopes I find a job soon that makes enough so he can quit his job. Not likely that'll ever happen. I'm not wanting to go back and have that constantly defeated feeling, but I am so close to being there again.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Try to hang in there. Both with Clint and with that gal at work. Stress is no fun. I'm sorry I don't have anything more profound to say.

In regard to the interview - if they're introducing you to department heads and supervisors, you're IN! They're not going to introduce a bunch of interviewees and then not hire them, ya know? I think you're golden with this job and just have to ride it out. Maybe drop a message to the interviewer to "check in" and solidify that you're interested in the position. Either email them or call and thank them for the opportunity to meet with them to consider your qualifications for Job XYZ and that you're looking forward to hearing something from them very soon. With any luck, you'd hear something before the week ends.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Try to hang in there. Both with Clint and with that gal at work. Stress is no fun. I'm sorry I don't have anything more profound to say.

In regard to the interview - if they're introducing you to department heads and supervisors, you're IN! They're not going to introduce a bunch of interviewees and then not hire them, ya know? I think you're golden with this job and just have to ride it out. Maybe drop a message to the interviewer to "check in" and solidify that you're interested in the position. Either email them or call and thank them for the opportunity to meet with them to consider your qualifications for Job XYZ and that you're looking forward to hearing something from them very soon. With any luck, you'd hear something before the week ends.
    I did that Thursday. I was thinking about calling today, but I don't want to seem too pushy. I am so darn impatient its not funny.
    Georgette

So I did call again yesterday and got voicemail. What a surprise! I just wish they would friggin' let me know what the status is so I can either say sayonara baby or keep looking. I do have an interview for an inside sales position, not sure if that would be of interest to me though. The one I'm interviewing for tomorrow could be a $3 hit on pay or $1 more depending on where they think I would fit. I can't afford another hit. I'm already freaking out over money right now. I almost think I would have been better off going on unemployment for a month or 2 while I look.
    Georgette

A friend of mine hipped me to a job closer to my house with better pay that I am going to send my resume to tonight. She just started with them today and its better pay than where I am at now, closer to home and no weekends. Plus, it puts me back into health care which I thoroughly do miss.
    Georgette