Page 102 of 147 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 102

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's good news! I met with a bunch of managers when I interviewed at my current job, didn't realize how good of a sign that is until later. My supervisor wanted to give me the job as soon as he had my resume.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The manager I met with told me that you can usually tell if someone is a good fit within the first 30 seconds to 1st minute of meeting them. I spoke with my MIL on the way home and she used to work in HR and said that this was a very good sign for an interview.
    Georgette

I ate totally off plan this weekend. A lot of SAD and I feel crappy. I've got a headache. I'm having reservations about being able to keep up with NK and my current job. I never would have thought that a data entry position would be more stressful than working in a health insurance call center. Hell, I want back in that career. That is what the company I interviewed with today does.
    Georgette

I'm stressed beyond belief. So much so my stomach is in knots and I'm rocking headaches like you wouldn't believe. I did eat a small taco salad for dinner and that's it. I almost got into an argument with one of my supervisors today. She started ripping me a new one because I made a mistake. I told her that considering this is the first one I've made in the almost 3 weeks I've been there, that's pretty good. She told me that they expect perfection from everyone. This is why I am stressed. You tell me this and I totally start second-guessing everything I do. I've decided that if I don't get the job I interviewed for yesterday, I am going to continue looking. I've also decided that if I do get the offer from the company yesterday or any other company, that I will leave during lunch on a Friday and not come back. It's totally not worth the stress to me.
    Georgette

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry Geo! You need to find another place. Perfection is absurd. People make mistakes and putting that kind of stress on someone just increases the mistakes. Like you I feel like I screw up everything and always have but we are not perfect. Nor is your supervisor. I am quite sure she has made here share of mistakes. Try to relax, remind yourself that you are human and you are doing the best you can. You can do this! Don't let someone else's stupidity derail you
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I applied to 4 other jobs this morning. I'm feeling like I need to do whatever I can to cover my ass right now. Sleep was restless to say the least. Both my pillows ended up on the floor. This is the worst I've ever been stressed before.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    "Expect perfection?" Really? What a buncha horse shit. Show me a "perfect" person by their definition and I'll shoe you a deity or a liar.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "Expect perfection?" Really? What a buncha horse shit. Show me a "perfect" person by their definition and I'll shoe you a deity or a liar.
    Well talking with another supervisor, apparently it does seem that the one that gave me a verbal does have it out for me. Makes me feel like I should do what I need to get out of there and not look back.
    Georgette

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Agreed. No one needs that kind of B.S. Just do what you got to do. Anyone that is so miserable they have to go after others will get their own punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Well talking with another supervisor, apparently it does seem that the one that gave me a verbal does have it out for me. Makes me feel like I should do what I need to get out of there and not look back.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like that person feels threatened by you. Best to find another place to go.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.