Page 101 of 147 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 101

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think you should say anything about where you're at now unless they specifically ask. If they do, tell them you're still considering your options.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I don't think you should say anything about where you're at now unless they specifically ask. If they do, tell them you're still considering your options.
    I agree, I think it's best to avoid lying in this situation. My dad keeps his resume up all the time to look for better opportunities. He's the kind of guy who looks for different jobs periodically anyway, just likes to change things up. It's gotten harder as he's gotten older because, despite his experience, they want fresh, young kids straight from school, even if they're not as adept as he is with coding and such. "Considering your options" sounds like a good way to say, "I'm definitely interested if you make this worth my while" without being too forward or making it sounds like you HATE your current situation.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I agree, I think it's best to avoid lying in this situation. My dad keeps his resume up all the time to look for better opportunities. He's the kind of guy who looks for different jobs periodically anyway, just likes to change things up. It's gotten harder as he's gotten older because, despite his experience, they want fresh, young kids straight from school, even if they're not as adept as he is with coding and such. "Considering your options" sounds like a good way to say, "I'm definitely interested if you make this worth my while" without being too forward or making it sounds like you HATE your current situation.
    +1
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    They didn't ask when I scheduled my interview. It's Monday at 10am. I'm excited for it. I still need to update my resume' with my end date from my last job and I'm not listing my current job on it. I haven't been here long enough for it to be added. Clint's good with me for going for this one. I'm just grateful they were able to get me in on my day off.
    Georgette

I forgot to add that I received an email from a temp agency about a help desk position at Chase. What made me laugh is the guy who sent it told me that he found my résumé by doing a key word search. I think his search was a bit askew just based on the fact that I have no tech experience whatsoever. I kind of laughed when I read the email.

Not sure if I noted this anywhere, but the company I am interviewing with, I applied there while I was still at the old job.
    Georgette

577022_351829451601091_1005772402_n.jpg

That is my mom. Today is the 6th anniversary of her death. One of my sisters posted this pic of her last night and I started having a hard time with it. I cried for about 40 minutes last night. In this pic, I realized that I most definitely look like my mother. No denying it. Love ya, you crazy lady.
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Can definitely see your Mom's face in yours! Do you have something you do to recognize this day? Sometimes a ritual like making a favorite food or burning a candle to mark the significance helps.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you today Geo. Mom's have incredible influence on our lives both good and bad. Making our peace with that and their loss is incredibly difficult.

I don't have anything special that I do on this day. We were never like that in my family. It's just another day really. I haven't been up to the cemetary in years. I wanted to go up today, but didn't have the time.
    Georgette

Just wanted to report that my interview went very well today. The manager I met with also had me meet with one of the supervisors in the department and he wanted me to meet with a few others but they were in meetings. The manager told me that he was giving my application to HR to go through the background check, etc. Hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the week.
    Georgette