Page 100 of 147 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1468

Thread: Georgette Redux: A new primal journal page 100

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congrats on the job! I am so glad you like it. Have you come up w/ any crockpot ideas? I am cooking meatballs wrapped in cabbage leaves right now. I meant to rice cauliflower to put in the meat and forgot so we will see how they turn out. You are doing great!! Keep movin'.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    In regards to crockpot meals, I have taco meat cooking in it for tomorrow night now. I found a recipe for Sour Cream and Bacon Chicken I may try out Thursday. I just need to figure out something for Friday and Saturday. I've got about 2.5 pounds of ground beef left. I'm a shitty planner. Really terribly shitty.

I like the job other than coming home exhausted as hell. I don't like that feeling at all period. It makes me feel depressed. I like this job, but I worry about it when I'm not there and I know that isn't good at all for health. They expect perfection and I've done so well thus far, that it makes me worry about how long I can keep this up or when I will screw something up.
    Georgette

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    You have to relax. I know that's easy to say and much harder to do but not only is the stress bad for your health it will cause you to make mistakes because you are wound so tight. So far you are doing a good job, you know you can do this. If you can try to walk in the afternoons. I know the weather up there is lousy but as much as possible, being outside helps with the stress. Hang in there. You are gonna be fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    In regards to crockpot meals, I have taco meat cooking in it for tomorrow night now. I found a recipe for Sour Cream and Bacon Chicken I may try out Thursday. I just need to figure out something for Friday and Saturday. I've got about 2.5 pounds of ground beef left. I'm a shitty planner. Really terribly shitty.

I like the job other than coming home exhausted as hell. I don't like that feeling at all period. It makes me feel depressed. I like this job, but I worry about it when I'm not there and I know that isn't good at all for health. They expect perfection and I've done so well thus far, that it makes me worry about how long I can keep this up or when I will screw something up.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    You have to relax. I know that's easy to say and much harder to do but not only is the stress bad for your health it will cause you to make mistakes because you are wound so tight. So far you are doing a good job, you know you can do this. If you can try to walk in the afternoons. I know the weather up there is lousy but as much as possible, being outside helps with the stress. Hang in there. You are gonna be fine!
    I was planning on going out for walks on my lunch. I get an hour so I could get away with a 20-30 min walk easily. As long as its not raining out, that is. I'm just so scared about screwing this up as so much rides on this. I have a long history of screwing up things(seriously ever since I was a kid). I'm not good at the whole positive mental attitude thing. Never have been. My husband likens me to a half of a glass of a glass half full chick.
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Hell, no one is good at ignoring Nagnus, she's a loud, pushy bitch. She's like a puppy, you just correct and redirect, correct and redirect. I am learning to trust and stop controlling and worrying, it is helping me TONS. You'll learn that job in no time and be rocking it out. Taking ownership and wanting to do a good job are great, now trust that you are a captain and can handle whatever this ocean throws you! Your mistakes have made you an experienced captain of life is all!

It's funny, at the end of the day, my supervisor and manager both said the same thing to me, "you're doing a really, really great job. Are you ok?" I'm taking this to mean that not many do well in the beginning. The day flew by and I was happy.

This is what I made for dinner and OMG, amazing! LowCarbCrock.com: Low Carb Crock Pot Taco Meat (From Frozen Beef & No Browning Required).
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    It's funny, at the end of the day, my supervisor and manager both said the same thing to me, "you're doing a really, really great job. Are you ok?"
    Sounds like things are going well. Did they expect you to resond with, "Oh, I am doing well? F' that. The mediocrity starts Monday."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Geo, I know that screw up feeling all too well. I'm also a screw up. I think I sometimes miss the finer details of things and when things become routine, it gets even worse.

That recipe looks delicious! Did you have to break the burger up during the cooking process? There are no instructions regarding that.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

@jenn, no need to break it up until after the first cooking.

I got a call from a company about setting up an interview and I'm going to call them in the morning and see if I can get one Monday. It's in health insurance which I enjoyed and its guaranteed 40 hours where I currently am not guaranteed this and probably a higher starting salary. Oh, and no weekend hours. I'm not sure if I should let this new company know that I am currently working or say I am working a temp job. It's a little white lie.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like things are going well. Did they expect you to resond with, "Oh, I am doing well? F' that. The mediocrity starts Monday."
    Jon!!! It's alive!!!!
    Georgette