Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling "wierd" when being primal page 2

jesssa is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    maybe I'm missing something here, but what is an aliment?
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

twiiistch is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Looks like you need some fat... what are you cooking your beef in?
    Can you eat eggs?
    olive oil, yep i do sometimes when i don't fast in the morning.

twiiistch is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssa View Post
    maybe I'm missing something here, but what is an aliment?
    any element used for your alimenatation?

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    The OP means nutrient. Aliment is the french word for it. Si vous avez un question est tu veu demande correct tu peu me demander a traduire. As you can see my french is not perfect but I get by.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    There could be any number of reasons - some psychological, some physical.

Here is a possible (incomplete) short list:

You still have the carb flu - mine lasted 5 solid weeks, with several more weeks of slowly regaining energy
    Your body is finally getting the nutrition it needs and is craving the good food you are giving it
    You really are missing an aliment - make sure you get enough good fats AND reduce the bad ones, and make bone broth
    You sound like you could perhaps use a bit of sweet potato in there, or some type of equivalent carb (adding a bit of carbohydrate helps me feel fuller, too)
    You are fasting and perhaps with your schedule, you shouldn't be doing IF at this particular time (simply need more food)
    You are thinking of food because going Primal REQUIRES that you think seriously about your food choices - this is natural
    You are going through SAD food withdrawal, a lot like you have had an addiction - I don't know how awful of a SAD eater you have been, but I know that sugar (for example) causes addiction-like symptoms in some and consequently withdrawal when avoided

Make sure you do go to the doctor if you feel really ill - Primal isn't a replacement for a good doctor when needed, okay?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twiiistch View Post
    fruits when hungry, otherwise minced beef salad, chicken with vegetables, tea with honey at night, fish with salad, beef with salad, ...
    Are you still a little scared of saturated fat?
    I would start only lamb and beef meat and fish and vegetables. Eat fat. Untill you feel better. then add in fruit slowly and whatever else to see when you feel best

Or you're just preoccupied because it's new for you like everyone else in the beginning
    Billie trips balls

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Two things that helped me at the beginning when I felt 'weird': more fat, more salt.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    fruit on an empty stomach make me ravenous for the rest of the day. i don't think it's the best choice for a stand-alone snack and could simply be offering false-hunger cues, as well as prolonging your carb flu.

if you're hungry eat some hard-boiled eggs, with a bit of butter on top.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12