Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page

Betorq is offline Senior Member

A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread

I can't find the ongoing one, just the old one that hasn't been posted on for 3 or 4 days...

Last nite: Chicken salad atop a small mixed green salad, lime/evoo dressing. Leek/cauliflower pureed chowder (double portions :-). Stewed tomatoes & okra. Summer's bounty rocks!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    hmmmm I think I am going to have grilled tilapia and some thai coconut soup the fiancee made

Darz is offline Senior Member
    I'll be having a huge scrambled omelette with chorizo, welsh cheddar, rice vermicelli with tomato sauce, peas and carrots.

HazelPrimalNut is offline Junior Member
    Last night we had smoked Haddock with a sauce I made from onions, coconut milk, cream, garlic, chillies, juice of lemon and some coriander. It was really delicious. I also made some butternut squash chips, grilled aubergine and peppers fried in butter and lemon juice with coriander.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Tonite, am lookin' at the smoked halibut pushed to the very back of the fridge by my mom... Maybe some steamed veggies w/ a decadent sauce on top, finish off the leek/cauliflower chowder from last nite... Will have to write down that impromptu/improvised recipe, it was de-lish!

@HazelPrimalNut,

That sounds awesome! It's been ages since I had smoked haddock...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

I have cute little Poussins thawed out in the fridge. Thinking about having some kale and onions sauteed with generous amounts of coconut oil on the side. Creamed kale without butter? I can try!

Then some yummy berries for dessert? Yum.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure which I'll eat for dinner and which I'll eat whenever, but one meal is grilled chicken with mashed/creamed cauliflower & spinach. The other is burger, collards, mushrooms, tomato sauteed together with a fried egg on top.

I probably eat the same combination of foods 90% of the time. I don't like to fuss, and rather than being bored, it keeps me sane.

I love checking out the recipe and dinner threads though. Never know when something new will get my eye and become one of my regulars.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    GF is going to the really good seafood market in our area (They never let me buy an oyster without shucking one for me to try. No farm-raised anything. Really good joint.) and we're having whatever sushi-grade item catches her eye.

We'll just slice it and roll up pieces in nori paper with some combination of avocado and cream cheese, and maybe a drop of wasabi/tamari mixture.

Dessert is prosciutto and cappocollo with some raw milk spanish sheep's cheese she came home with the other day.

I'll be fresh off this evening's squat workout, and will be breaking a medium-length fast (either 28 or 32 hours depending on how you count).

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Leek and cauliflower chowder? Sounds delish! Do spill the details on that recipe. I have some leftover leeks from the Monday farmer's market trip.

Tonight: grass-fed/finished beef filets rubbed down with my own rosemary and thyme, roasted garlic marinade. Zucchini "noodles" made with my nifty julienne slicer, more of the greens I stockpile every week and 2 of the last heirloom tomatoes.

Betorq, great Gandhi quote! So easy to get very wrapped up in over thinking.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Leek and cauliflower chowder? Sounds delish! Do spill the details on that recipe. I have some leftover leeks from the Monday farmer's market trip.

Tonight: grass-fed/finished beef filets rubbed down with my own rosemary and thyme, roasted garlic marinade. Zucchini "noodles" made with my nifty julienne slicer, more of the greens I stockpile every week and 2 of the last heirloom tomatoes.

Betorq, great Gandhi quote! So easy to get very wrapped up in over thinking.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast