Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 9

Shop Now
    Quick dinner tonight:

Red peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and ground beef sauteed in coconut oil and served on a bed of cauliflower rice.

And a side of sweet potato fries seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and coconut oil.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Half a chicken roaster. Spring mix salad with tons of olive oil, olives, balsamic, garlic, and a tex mex hot beef in some tomato sauce and cheese type topping.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Had a little appetizer assortment. Deviled eggs, shrimp with lemon butter, and stuffed mushrooms. Lol, definitely not my typical dinner, but all primal and all delicious
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Lotsa garlic, it's in the air. Oh wait, that's my breath... Pickling project has gotten outta hand, taken over the kitchen. jars & crocks everywhere. Tons of garlic, sliced with my new mandoline ($5 @ Aldi's today, woo hoo), whole cloves, kimchi kimchi & more kimchi. I sampled about 20 different kinds of Korean pickled foods today. I've been to Korea 3x & I'm still impressed by their cuisine. Started breaking ground (compacted red Georgia clay) on my fall garden today. 99 degrees here, wooo...

Dinner: about 3/4 lb pulled pork with my own bbq sauce made from my unsweetened fermented ketsup, some agave I had left over & just sitting around unused in the pantry, & some cayenne powder. My mom never knew the difference from her beloved store-bought HFCS & gmo soy oil bbq sauce, coz I used her same old bottle to put my own sauce in without telling her, haha. Garlic stem sour pickles from the Korean market. A napa based Asian salad w/ organic rice vinegar, splash of fish sauce, green chili sauce, salt & pepper. Some of my own spicy kimchi. Dessert was Flora brand dark chocolate truffle, 3 of 'em, made w/ Udo's Choice 3-6-9 oil blend & a tender young Thai coconut water & tender flesh.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    We are picking up half a side of grass fed beef on Sunday and we still have some ground beef left from the last side so we are trying to use it up. Needless to say I'm getting a little tired of GB. I've made meatloaf, hamburgers, marinara and taco salad this week; any other suggestions?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    We are picking up half a side of grass fed beef on Sunday and we still have some ground beef left from the last side so we are trying to use it up. Needless to say I'm getting a little tired of GB. I've made meatloaf, hamburgers, marinara and taco salad this week; any other suggestions?
    Meatballs. Stuff a zucchini with it (+ some onions, tomatoes, and pine nuts) and bake. Brown a bunch with chopped onion & spices then hollow out any winter squash and stuff/bake.

I have a meat CSA membership. I have a lot of GB too.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Vietnamese beef and cabbage. One of my faves. Thinly slice a red bell pepper and saute in lard. Throw in the ground beef and brown. Add shredded cabbage and toss it all together. Sprinkle on fish sauce and fresh ground black pepper to taste. You can add garlic if you want. Sometimes I do, sometimes not. Cook until the cabbage is done, tossing and mixing regularly. Covering with a lid speeds this up a bit. It's super simple and satisfying. I like to make a big pan and eat it for days if my boyfriend doesn't inhale it all.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    1) Tartar made w/ citrus zest, best sea salt & onions or scallions, topped w/ whatever exotic or high quality egg you have, yum!
    2) Gb omelette topped with salsa.
    3) Stuffed bell peppers
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am trying to come up with a supper that a) will use up most of the perishable stuff we have in the fridge; b) my 6 yo would eat and c) will be fast. We are leaving for a few days on Sat morning, and tonight I plan to attend the said 6 yo's concert at the camp at 3:30, fit in a quick squatting session afterwards and then pack.

I have browned ground beef from yesterday and shredded carrots-celery-cabbage kindda mix (always buy it when it is on sale). I am thinking about steaming a bunch of leftover broccoli as our side (kiddo with fill up on that if nothing else), and sauteing onions with those carrots, then damping the beef in, and either finishing it with hoisin and tapioca or coconut milk. I like coconut milk myself. I can have the rest for breakfast with berries.

Which reminds me that I need to pick the berries as well. (Sigh). That 6 y.o. better helps me with berry picking! I am making her concert after all!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Having some indian mutton soup I bought from the indian restaurant close to my office. I always forget the name but I am pretty addicted and they use prime organic stuff to prepare their food....or so they claim at least.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast