Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 7

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Beef Brisket with a Primal Chipotle BBQ Sauce and a Sweet Potato with Butter.

I had a slow cooked duck and roasted cauliflower.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Grilled;
    London broil.
    Sweet potato.
    Sliced zuchinni from my garden.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I just sliced and marinated huge amounts of left-over top round steaks in avocado oil with a touch of balsamic and a lot more white vinegar, freshly cracked peppercorns and crashed garlic. That should make nice stir-fry to go with broiled eggplant chips (coconut oil) and fresh salad from peppers, tomatoes, cucs and greens (no dressing, we like our salads nekkkid). Smoothies with our own berries & fruit plate with watermelon, plums & apricots for dessert for the folks, and a rhubarb smoothie for me.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

stumprrp is offline Member
    Let me say it again, MAN you guys eat good!! how the hell do you find the time! lol

The other night i had a good post workout meal, 1 pound of chicken with alot of chili powder browned in coconut oil, added some ginger and garlic, lime juice, sciracha (sp?), veg stock, coconut milk, fresh cilantro, and ALOT of curry powder. Mixed in about 2.5 cups of white rice and demolished that bowl in about 3.5 minutes.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Crock pot beef heart. I slice it into 3/4" (~1.5cm) thick strips and put it in the crockpot. Girlfriend dumps in tomato juice and a bunch of cayenne, cinnamon, salt, pepper, red pepper flake, garlic powder, onion powder, and turmeric and then turns it on.

Then we go to work and when we come home, it's a barbecuey/beefy/delicious mess.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumprrp View Post
    Let me say it again, MAN you guys eat good!! how the hell do you find the time! lol
    Most days I actually eat pretty simply. A good piece of meat doesn't need much more than salt and pepper, maybe a bit of garlic powder. And I grill A LOT. Helps having a natural gas grill right outside the back door. Last night we had grilled pork chops, just a bit of garlic powder, grilled, and sliced heirloom tomatoes with a sprinkling of feta and olive oil. OMG, it was so good. And it amazes me the difference in the fat on a grass fed animal and grain fed. I've been buying meat from these guys (Highly recommend to anyone in TN or N. GA.) West Wind Farms and gobbling up every bit. Poor dogs.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Oxtail stew with roasted turnips and mushrooms tonight (my first time preparing it) - so far it smells great and the broth/sauce is really tasty. I had liver on Friday night so I'm feeling good about getting my offal in the this week. Since I have the oven on I'm roasting up a whole chicken for chicken mushroom soup for my lunches all week. I love having lots of great food all prepared ahead - makes for a smooth transition to the work week
    Isn't oxtail stew a stroke of genius!! I imagine some ancient chinese farmer, with a recently deceased ox on his hands, wondering how to best make the best of a bad situation: an old dead ox, with tough stringy flesh from years of service & well, being an old dead ox. Did he have a lightbulb moment (before lightbulbs existed?) or did he get the recipe from his grandmother?
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Isn't oxtail stew a stroke of genius!! I imagine some ancient chinese farmer, with a recently deceased ox on his hands, wondering how to best make the best of a bad situation: an old dead ox, with tough stringy flesh from years of service & well, being an old dead ox. Did he have a lightbulb moment (before lightbulbs existed?) or did he get the recipe from his grandmother?
    I'm sure it came about because everything used to be eaten. I love oxtail stew but usually throw them in the crockpot with some stew meat and a bunch of leeks, a little salt and pepper and the perfect meal for a cold day.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Liverwurst and sauerkraut for dinner then a bananna. Sounds boring, but the best meals sometimes are .

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast