Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 27

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think maybe I found another "magic protein" for me. When I'm famished, two eggs any style, though most especially hard boiled make me sane again. Tonight I had drum fish for the first time. Covered the (scaled) skin with lots of spice - pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt - and baked until flakey. Ate a mere seven ounces and was stuffed. To put that in perspective, I can easily eat 12 ounces of salmon in a meal. It's two hours later, and I'd rather vacuum my floors than eat again (unusual for me since I've pretty much been hungry since adolescence). I'm pretty impressed. The flavor was okay - not great, but since I spiced it up, it was good. I'll be buying more for its "magic protein" properties.

waterjen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Easy, Waterjen - 1oz of cream cheese per egg. Whisk together, pour into a buttered frying skillet (6"), roll the batter around, let it sit until it's coming away from the edges, gently release from the pan and flip. They're not stretchy, but work well as crepes.

1oz/1 egg will make 2.

For stretchiness, add in some tapioca starch.

For naan, tapioca starch and baking soda.
    Paul -- Thanks a bundle. I had a slight issue with execution, but I think this will become my crepe recipe. I did the whisk thing but it was kind of lumpy. Next time, I think I will try the blender method. The flavor was excellent (and I'm not just saying that because I used bacon fat instead of butter). I wound up eating them plain tonight instead of stuffed with a modification of the filling from last night's beef lettuce wraps because I ripped both in half when flipping. As I said, execution error, but I think the pieces are there and just need a wee bit of refinement. Thanks for posting in time for me to use for dinner tonight!
    Jen.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Grass-fed chuck roast with a liitle improvised sauerkraut salad with mustard greens and kale.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    5 egg omlete with tin of sardines, onion, mushroom, couple oz of cheese, sliced tomato, couple oz of chopped walnuts, and garlic.

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    Lasagna. Spaghetti squash lasagna. With lots of cheese, tomato sauce, italian sausage.... It was my first effort at primal lasagna, a thing of beauty-- and there are several more meals worth in the pan.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Baked chicken breast with veges and either a cooked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon, or fried eggs. Can't decide. :/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Angry Kiwi - there you are. How are you ? go for the fried eggs, with butter !!!!!!! a red wine and maybe a movie ??? sounds like a great saturday night !!!!!!

We have had pork bellies fried in butter, with a BAS !!!!
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, right! The other thread... sorry, useless computer shuts down when I try to leave it on over night. And when I try to leave it on for more than ten minutes unattended, stupid thing...

Opted to be completely crazy and had the eggs AND sweet potato and butter. Aren't I mad?

Ohhh... pork belly... love that stuff. Melts in your mouth.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Bloody computers - althou if we relied on letters as per years ago, or story telling at the annual grokfest - like in cave man times.......it could take a while for anyone to tell anything about anybody !!!!! - bloody computers !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Baked chicken thighs, shrimp sauteed in coconut oil and garlic powder, Normandy blend veggies. Very tasty!

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast