Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 22

Moll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Take it out of the fridge and let it get to room temp before cooking. Rub with a mix of wasabi, tamari, garlic and anything else that tickles your taste buds. (let it marinade a while if you have time) Get a saute pan really hot. (I like to use coconut oil for seafood but any fat will do. Sear really quickly on both sides leaving the inside a little rare. Slice and put over a salad.
    That sounds wonderful! Is it less effective to try and speed up the thawing process with running water? (I got too hungry to wait lol...but maybe that contributed to the fish not being as amazing as my best friend describes it to be...)

As far as searing really quickly...like a minute per side? More/less?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Lots of chicken soup (good slow cooker kind with the whole bird plus bones making broth). A side of kraut. Glass of raw milk.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    That sounds wonderful! Is it less effective to try and speed up the thawing process with running water? (I got too hungry to wait lol...but maybe that contributed to the fish not being as amazing as my best friend describes it to be...)

As far as searing really quickly...like a minute per side? More/less?
    Don;t know how yours was packaged but if it is loose you should put it in a baggie before running water on it but yes that will speed up the thaw. The searing works best when it is all the way thawed and up to room temp. Then you just barely seal both sides. How rare is up to you. If you like sushi, you might like it really rare but that squeems some people out. I love it just in the pan long enough for the color to go white on the outsides. Then don't let it sit in the pan. Have everything else ready and people sitting down.

Moll is offline Member
    Good to know - thanks! I've got another one so I'll try to go rare next time. I'm probably one of the squeemed out ones but I'm trying to change my perspective. NEVER EVER would have considered pate...but then I read your recipe and all the *enthusiastic* comments...and I may get there eventually!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    I broke my 2+ day fast tonight @ a community dinner I volunteer in the kitchen prepping & serving meals to 65-70 people. I brought my own coconut oil, my own hot sauce & salad dressing made w/ wasabi, dijon, olive oil & ACV. I had 2 chicken/spinach bratwursts, pulled pork, a small salad, & coleslaw. Poured all my stuff over it, ate 2 cod liver capsules to balance out the O6s in the meats.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Lasagna... Two fresh CSA eggplants, sliced thin and salted/drained, Ricotta cheese & 4 eggs & a bunch of Arugula mixed, and a can of Fire Roasted tomatoes blended with a whole head of garlic... 75% ground beef, browned with Italian Seasoning... a whole thing of Whole Milk Mozz, and part of a tub of flaked Parma.... all layered in a baking dish. It's currently baking.

Simple steak and potatoe....Been a while since I had a potato....holy cow does it devour the butter .... also some kraut which is part of my daily intake (bit of home fermented veggies daily)

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Two chicken sausages, kraut, grilled green bell pepper, avocado, home made coconut-blueberry "soft-serve", probiotic capsules, seltzer.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

About a pound of pork brats from Whole Foods over my home made kraut with some spicy mustard.

Came home and was excited to get cooking (very hungry after about 21 hours of fasting and HIT work this morning)....read the ingredients on these brats....included canola oil.......pricks . Cooked it and ate anyhow of course, but it chapped my ass a bit.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    fried blood sausages with broccoli stir fried in some bacon.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast