Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 2

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Supper? hmm likely a few romaine lettuce wrapped around slices of chicken and tomatoes. Some strawberries and booblerries. I can cook, dont always want to.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    SWEET! 24 hour fasts all week....so my one meal today was:

1/2 pound of liver with one sauteed onion (4 tablespoons of butter)

1 pound of bone in roast smothered in reduced broth and some extra butter. Leeks, carrots, and celery soaking up all the juices too (just a bit of this). Cracked two eggs over it to top it off.

About 1/2 cup of home fermented veggies. 12 oz of raw milk. Tablespoon of almond butter.

Good stuff. Think I'll make it to tomorrows dinner without issue

healthy11 is online now Senior Member
    Steak salad with blue cheese, red onion, avocado, romaine, spinach, and butter as the dressing.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Pastured chorizo style sausages on the grill with peppers and onions, sauteed in lard and brussels sprouts cooked in bacon drippings with bacon an onions, tossed with freshly grated romano cheese.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    Leek and cauliflower chowder? Sounds delish! Do spill the details on that recipe. I have some leftover leeks from the Monday farmer's market trip.

Betorq, great Gandhi quote! So easy to get very wrapped up in over thinking.
    It was pretty quick & easy: clean grit from, cut up & saute the leeks (1-2 big 1s) in unsalted butter & lil sea salt. add bit of water as needed (couple of times?) if it gets dry & starts to burn (I cook onions on high:-), throw in any mushrooms if you have leftovers or hangers ons... in a separate pot cook up 1 chopped up garden tomato & a whole head or 3/4 head chopped cauliflower in small amount of water, s&p to taste, cover & lower temp to simmer til soft. throw contents of both pots into blender, add 3/4-1 can coconut milk & give it all a whirl. it ought to be thick & look like pea soup. adjust to taste w/ italian seasonings, or whatever you have handy, plate 'em & consume mass quantities
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Tallpinespaleo is offline Junior Member
    Clam chowder made with fresh new england clams, canned whole oysters, canned anchovies, chopped sweet potatoes, cauli, onions, chives, coconut milk, bacon fat. Green salad with evoo and balsamic

Last night: 'natural' ground beef (on vacation, store did not have GF/GF beef) burgers with avocado and red peppers and coconut oil mixed in.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Small grass fed rare-cooked burgers w/ well saute'd yellow onions.
    3Cheese quiche: eggs,spinach, onions, italian sausage lil pieces, w/ a buttered crust made of 1/3 coconut flakes, 1/3 soaked mac nuts & 1/3 soaked almonds w/ italian seasonings, sage, s&p, extra oregano, garden-picked basil.
    Mixed salad, heirloom tomatoes w/ salt & balsamic vinegar on top.
    Too full for dessert...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    A pound of head-on shrimp. Boiled with spices. They were so good, I didn't even want to dip them in anything. I did put a little hot sauce and lemon on them. No veggies. Too stuffed.

Sucking their heads isn't as tasty as sucking crawfish heads, but alas, the season for those little flavor nuggets is over.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    A pound of head-on shrimp. Boiled with spices. They were so good, I didn't even want to dip them in anything. I did put a little hot sauce and lemon on them. No veggies. Too stuffed.

Sucking their heads isn't as tasty as sucking crawfish heads, but alas, the season for those little flavor nuggets is over.
    Joanie! Are you my neighbor? Mmmm... now I'm craving boiled shrimp.

stumprrp is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Damn you people eat too damn good every night!!! I wish i had the time and patience (or my mom) to make those meals. Tonight will probably be take out shrimp pad thai for post workout, haha.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast