Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 18

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tonight my plan is to cook up some remaining pork sausages with the remaining items from my CSA box this week: bell peppers, eggplant, swiss chard... sounds weird but it shall be yummy!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Bought a whole mackerel yesterday so I will be fileting that and having a bunch of sashimi with coconut aminos. And the eyes too. Mmmmm.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Paleobird Guest
    Inspired by that beautiful one upthread, I am making a stuffed meatloaf. I put onions, chopped tomatoes, and cheese in the middle and smeared the outside with homemade pesto sauce (cuz I felt like it and I have buckets of the stuff. Neighbors that keep giving me basil.)
    Pics on my journal later if it turns out well.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Flat iron steak, marinated in mojo criollo then grilled, served on a bed of lettuce with sour cream and salsa. NOM!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I made this - Enchilada Chicken Stew | PaleOMG - Paleo Recipe - with 1/2 thighs instead of all breasts and tossed in some chunks of sweet potato for the kids near the end. Also topped with some shredded cheddar for added fat. OMG is right! Everyone one but my 14yo daughter, who is lukewarm on Mexican food, loved it. I am counting calories (shh ) and it was so filling I couldn't even eat a proper serving.

Family dinners are probably 90% primal now and nobody seems to miss the stuff that's missing, lol.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    I used to marinate & baste my BBQ ribs, but I was in a hurry to get going this afternoon so I threw together my standard homemade BBQ sauce using my garlicky marinara out of a mason jar, fermented ketsup, some fermented hot sauce, some raw honey all tossed in the blender & whipped up into a thick paste. Cut these absolutely loovely pork short ribs with nary an ounce of fat on them in half, poured the BBQ sauce over 'em covering 'em completely. Turned the oven onto 250, covered 'em tightly w/ foil & let 'em bake away for just under 5 hours as I ran errands & did work out in the world. OMG, this evening they were fall-off-the-bone-melt-in-our-mouths-delish! My mom, who usually complains I give her too big a portion of protein(she'll split a small can of tuna into 2 portions), asked for 2nds & scarfed it down, licking her lips w/ a grin, haha. Greek salad w/ goat feta etc & steamed kabocha squash sprinkled w/ sea salt rounded off the meal. Uh, I had 2nds of ribs too...
    Last edited by Betorq; 08-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Tonight I'm going to pan-cook some arugula and bell peppers (all from this week's CSA box) in garlic and olive oil, and serve that up with a couple of links of organic, uncured chicken sausage I bought this weekend.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I thawed some ground beef and usually get 3 meals out of a pound and do different riffs on burgers. However, this weekend, I stumbled on a great mix. Bed of sauted spinach (and sweet potatoes), put a burger on it, top with aioli and an egg, plop some kimchee next to it and a dill pickle on the other side.

I could eat that the rest of my life.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Bortsh! Made the kick ass bone broth and beets and carrots are out of the garden. One beet turned out to be the elusive ch-something, the one with pretty red and white pattern (too bad it had to go into bortsh!) - they usually do not come up as reliably for me as reds and goldens.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    tonite I shall I have some Taco Tilapia with Cauliflower rice with two fried eggs on it for good measure

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast