Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 13

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night's dinner: marinated, basted, slow baked babyback pork ribs, very lean. I made the bbq basting sauce(a base of my own fermented ketsup (no sugar), my own marinara sauce, the last of my agave that's been sitting idle most of this year, my own habanero/vinegar hot sauce). The last of the left over yellow squash/zuke casserole from our lunch. Some sauerkraut on the side.

Lunch @ Whole Foods yesterday was fairly sublime, & deserves mention: Beef stroganoff with a rich thick creme sauce, I had an extra large portion. Marinated artichoke hearts w/ crumbled feta, red onions, kale, tommy toe tomatoes in an italian vinaigrette. Dessert was the free samples of the healthier, cleaner stuff they were demo'ing in-store
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest
    I just made what is quite possibly the best marinara sauce in human history. My neighbors have a very bountiful garden and keep planting more than they can possibly use then unloading the extras on me. Today I got a big bag of tomatoes that were still warm from the sun and a huge bunch of fresh basil. I had been planning on meatballs anyway but with the store bought sauce. This was way better. Tomatoes, basil, olives, feta, onion, garlic, pepper, and coconut manna. Oh, the yumminess.

Sounds lovely. If you have any extra the next time you make it, can, bottle up or otherwise save some for me to sample...

My 2 big basil plants are flowering now, likely will pick them in a day or 2 & make a goat cheese pesto with leaves & tender stems, use the flowers for my salads!

Dinner tonight was: Asian salad, w/ lightly cooked kale, raw orange bell peppers, scallion greens, tommy toe tomatoes marinated in rice vin & salt. Mixed green salad w/ arugula, loads of goat feta, heirloom tomato, balsamic & evoo, side of sauerkraut. Small grilled hamburger patty, reheated/left over from another evening. It was small since I had huge salmon portion for breakfast, & large ahi tuna chunks over my BAS for lunch

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I made an almond crust cod (could use halibut) with a homemade tartar sauce.

Almond Crusted Cod:
    1 lb cod or halibut
    3/4 cup almond meal (I made my own in a food processor)
    3 Tbsp melted butter
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 500. Arrange fish on a foil-lined baking sheet. Mix together almond meal, melted butter, lemon juice, and salt - will be the consistency of a dough. Spread a thick layer of almond meal mixture over fish. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve with homemade tartar sauce.

Tartar sauce:
    1 cup homemade mayo or sour cream
    1/2 cup Bubbies pickle relish
    2 Tbsp chopped parsley
    2 Tbsp chopped green onion
    2 Tbsp capers
    1 Tbsp lemon juice
    1/4 tsp each salt and pepper

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Bringing you back to the front page with my meatballs.....they were so good I'm having them again (beef, port, beef liver, and eggs) tomato sauce from our garden. Eat as many as I can drenched in their own fatty goodness and some sauce.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Bacon-wrapped chicken breasts with broiled zucchini, followed up with a super-thick avocado-cocoa-almond-coffee smoothie.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Pork chops, cauliflower/garlic mash, and some sliced tomatoes, I think.

Paleobird Guest
    It's hot here. I think I'm just going to make a nice cold crunchy salad with shrimp and scallops on top.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    ok i need a new new new liver recipe.

i have about 10 pounds and a girl who cant really stand it,

we have done curried

with onions

in chilli

what else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Is it chicken or beef liver? Chicken has the mildest taste, beef the stronger by far. Never had pig liver (yet).
    I make a pate' w/ carmelized onions in butter, a finely diced sweet apple cooked into the onions @ the end of the carmelization process. Balsamic, whatever else you have handy for veggies, This makes a sweeter pate' than many other recipes I've done/tasted. Perfect for liver newbies, imo.... It is delish!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Bringing you back to the front page with my meatballs.....they were so good I'm having them again (beef, port, beef liver, and eggs) tomato sauce from our garden. Eat as many as I can drenched in their own fatty goodness and some sauce.
    So far I've sautéed with lots o' bacon & bacon fat (still pink inside), made meatballs & meatloaf like neckhammer's above and made several pâtés. Betorq's recipe for pâté sounds fabulous and I'm making THAT next.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast