Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    ok i need a new new new liver recipe.
    i have about 10 pounds and a girl who cant really stand it,
    we have done curried
    with onions
    in chilli
    what else?
    Is it chicken or beef liver? Chicken has the mildest taste, beef the stronger by far. Never had pig liver (yet).
    I make a pate' w/ carmelized onions in butter, a finely diced sweet apple cooked into the onions @ the end of the carmelization process. Balsamic, whatever else you have handy for veggies, This makes a sweeter pate' than many other recipes I've done/tasted. Perfect for liver newbies, imo.... It is delish!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am going to make lightly braised liver and a medley from Outta Garden veggies (golden and red beets, carrots, zucchinis and peas) sauteed or roasted, with maybe a bit of seeds thrown in....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Had a large lunch so for dinner it was just .....about a whole bar of 90% chocolate with 2-3 tablespoons of almond butter. Actually quite filling

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, at least this one would have benefitted from it.
    I did however buy a flank steak from a higher class shop with it's own butcher last week, and that one worked perfectly treated as a normal steak.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and today's dinner was Black Angus irish hamburger, with cheddar cheese and bacon. Sans the bun, of course Also drizzled the extra baconfat on my portion, as the rest of my family didn't want it

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shiritaki noodles tossed with chicken thighs, mushrooms, and artichoke pesto!

anova01 is offline Member
    Attempting to make a primal eggplant parmigiana (without the parmesan). I am adding just a little bit of goat cheese though. Some other veggies on the side. My roommates and I ended up without any meat available so we had to improvise tonight (I'm the only one who subscribes to Primal but they eat and love everything I make).

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    -Confession- I had Chipotle for dinner! It may not have been the first time this week!

I would LOVE some shiratake noodles but I thought they were soy! Are there non-soy ones??? That would make my tummy oh-so-happy! Also I'm seriously considering making the chicken liver pate recipe that was on the site not too long ago, but what do you eat it with/on?
    Last edited by cavebabymama; 08-10-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    -Confession- I had Chipotle for dinner! It may not have been the first time this week!

I would LOVE some shiratake noodles but I thought they were soy! Are there non-soy ones??? That would make my tummy oh-so-happy!
    Yep! There totally are non-soy ones! They are awesome!!!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post

I would LOVE some shiratake noodles but I thought they were soy! Are there non-soy ones??? That would make my tummy oh-so-happy! Also I'm seriously considering making the chicken liver pate recipe that was on the site not too long ago, but what do you eat it with/on?
    There are far worse fast food joints to eat at. I thought they had ok to good quality meats @ Chipotle..? Shiratake aka Konjac originally come in plain (glucomannan) 100% soluble yam fibre. The tofu version was developed later. I'm slowly gathering info to make a future MDA quantitative/qualitative review of konjac vs kelp noodles. I've discovered it's a more complex process than I had anticipated, & I'm in no hurry. Eating my way thru the experiment... Pork rinds have become my recent go-to replacement for corn/potato chips for all my dipping activities. I get the plain ones @ the Dollar Tree near my apt, as they are just fat, protein, salt, with no carbs. My pate' is not salty, it's savory, so pork rinds work well for my palate...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast