Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "So, What's For Dinner" thread page 10

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Rack of ribs is calling me. I actually ate lunch today (been doing 24hr fasts) so I probably wont need any side dishes.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    Having some indian mutton soup I bought from the indian restaurant close to my office. I always forget the name but I am pretty addicted and they use prime organic stuff to prepare their food....or so they claim at least.
    Yeah, there's this South & North Indian restaurant back in San Rafael, they have a nice creamy mutton on their lunch buffet. The owner says its from a high quality goat rancher, tastes divine. I miss eating there once a month, since being in Atl...

Dinner: 3/4 lb whole big local prawns, set into hot water til turned pink while I made a simple salad. Dipped the prawn meat into melted butter with sea salt & garlic powder that thickened into a paste when it cooled a bit. A Thai coconut water & tender flesh for dessert with a decadent chocolate truffle from Whole Foods.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest
    I'm making a curry from the leftovers from last night's lamb shoulder roast.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Lazy dinner. Grilled Polish sausage and zucchini grilled then tossed in pesto.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird that's a great idea; we have an abundance of Italian squash from the garden.

Blackcatbone, Vietnamese GB sounds delicious!

Betork, your suggestions made me think of one of my favorite dishes: Beef Carpaccio. Perhaps we could serve it over arugula. We have our own chickens so I know the eggs are fresh.

Tonight I had to take a break from beef so I made Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs with Basil and Cilantro, Thai Cucumber and Carrot Salad with Mint and Thai Green Beans and Red peppers with an Almond Butter (instead of PB) and sesame sauce. I splurged and had a very good glass of Sauvignon Blanc with dinner. All the veggies were lovingly grown by Hubby.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Turkey breast, baked w/ lime slices & black pepper. Simple & amazingly yummy. Asian salad with thinly sliced napa, celery bits marinated in rice vinegar, lime juice, s&p. Strawberry papaya for dessert. Made a pesto but forgot to bring it out I was so hungry, since I hadn't eaten since morning.
    Last edited by Betorq; 08-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Paleobird that's a great idea; we have an abundance of Italian squash from the garden.
    Tis the season. My neighbors have resorted to sneak zucchini attacks, leaving bags of it on the door knob.

Tonight we had heart steaks with a side of mushrooms and asparagus cooked in some of my homemade bone broth.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    We picked up our side of beef today and everything fit in the freezer except, the fat which we will render tomorrow and the bones. We have a lot of bones! I had to put them in a cooler and buy ice to hold them for a day fortunately they are frozen. First to to deal with is the fat which we are going to render on our parabolic solar cooker. Hubby did it last year while I was out of town he said it worked really well. When the fat is done we start making broth on the solar cooker. Normally I do it over the course of several months but there's no room in the freezer so I will have to make it all now and store the broth which obviously takes up much less room than bones. It feels good to have our meat for the year.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Chicken, mango and avocado salad.

I think it would be better with poached chicken. Next time!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Starting early w spaghetti squash season!

Since it was Sunday.... Being Italian, we have a huge Sunday dinner. Raviolis, cavatelli, fresh gravy, garlic bread, meatballs, sausage, salads. Insanity. Parents are old school. Nonpaleo obviously, but they make a mean sauce. I smothered my spaghetti squash w loads of gravy! So Delish!

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast