Thread: Substantial increase in thirst page

Substantial increase in thirst

Primal Fuel
    So day I've downed several glasses more water than I usually do. Today isn't a workout day, either. I'm a bit concerned by the fact I just can't get enough!

Today's diet consisted of:
    1 small banana
    half an avocado
    2 cups kale
    1 stalk celery
    4 medium strawberries
    1 cup coconut milk
    2 large eggs
    A can of tuna in romaine leaves
    And pot roast. A healthy chunk of beef and I ate a few onion

Nothing seems heavy in salt...

I've been keeping my carbs under 150, since I have no issue with weight.

I've been sprinting once a week and doing workout twice a week. Is there something I'm doing wrong that has caused such a huge increase in thirst? Is it just a normal side effect of this diet? I think I went pee about 5 times today!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure you're getting enough salt? Without salt, your body can't hold water, so you stay thirsty, and the more you drink, the more depleted you can become. So they say...

Oh, did you only recently start eating this way? If so, electrolyte depletion is a common temporary issue. Get plenty of magnesium, potassium, a little sodium chloride and you should be fine. I had to add salt to all my food for awhile. Then my body got used to it, and I have been dialing it back.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Are you sure you're getting enough salt? Without salt, your body can't hold water, so you stay thirsty, and the more you drink, the more depleted you can become. So they say...

Oh, did you only recently start eating this way? If so, electrolyte depletion is a common temporary issue. Get plenty of magnesium, potassium, a little sodium chloride and you should be fine. I had to add salt to all my food for awhile. Then my body got used to it, and I have been dialing it back.
    ^^This. Add a pinch of sea salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon to your water, should help.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    And then there's the obvious... is it real hot by you right now? I know I've been more thirsty lately because of the heat.

It's really cool right now in Seattle, actually.

So I should try *more* sodium? Interesting!

Yes, I've only started primal for about a week. According to paleotrack I am always a smidge low in magnesium. Better get that sorted!

Thanks!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Yes, I also add magnesium. I hate pills. And really try to avoid supplementation. But food really just isn't what it used to be! The only things I take are potassium, magnesium and vitamin D. Unless you count bone broth, etc.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html