Thread: Delayed satiety? page

Alinka is offline Junior Member

Delayed satiety?

I've been eating almost 100% primal for a month and wasn't losing any weight until I restricted my carbs to 30-70g. It works, but the problem now is it takes me a LONG time to feel full after eating. I try to wait 20 minutes after eating but then still feel hungry and often end up binging only to feel uncomfortably stuffed 1 to 3 hours later. It is usually all "safe" primal foods too- canned and smoked fish, tomatoes, raw coconut, frozen coconut oil with cocoa and meat leftovers, not binging on nuts or fake muffins here... So what's wrong with me??

I don't think I'm eating too little because I'm hardly losing any weight, but here are the numbers: I'm a 23 yo, female, 5'8" and 180lb (I wear size 10 or 12 and people always think I way much less, so I guess I also have decent muscle mass?); trying to get to 150, easy walking/hiking every day and doing short sessions of weights 3X week. I just recently started counting calories to try to stay under 1800, but when I overeat it ends up being closer to 3000

Any help or input would be really appreciated!

fatisyummy is offline Member
    I notice that this happens for me too. I've done a lot of self experimentation with regards to what and how often I eat. I can say that at least what helps me is to eat bigger meals less frequently, lean gains style. It was hard for me at first; I REALLY like my breakfast. But the payoff is that I get to eat two hefty meals that I find MUCH more satisfying. I also relax a lot more when I have my first meal around noon or 1pm. I end up eating more of what I want while still keeping my calories low. I thought I would have that "uncomfortably stuffed" feeling more, rather than less, eating this way, but it turns out, I really don't. I just feel more satisfied having two big meals. I don't know, it's like there's time for stuff to actually digest. Maybe the eager stomach is more receptive and so satiety signals trigger more readily. Whatever it is, this seems to be working for me, maybe it would for you too.