Thread: My Standing Desk page

DaveGay is offline Junior Member

Iíve been standing for years!As soon as I can figure out how to post a photo at this forum I post the workstation I made. Actually if a person can snag a hospital bed table those are WONDERFUL! You could actually place a treadmill under it and then set the speed for 0.7 [as per Dr. Levineís suggestion] and get some Grok slow walking in.

Brit is offline Junior Member

You know, a standing table at work would be great.

Funny, I hate sitting at bars, I'd rather stand...not sure why, it's just more comfortable!

shastagirl Guest

lol power your computer with the treadmill. it turns off if you stop walking. thats motivation!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

Here is my standing desk at work...

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Just saw this post over at Apartment Therapy. I'm going to have a standing desk, probably more of a shelf, to put my laptop on and have a sitting desk for my PC as well so I can alternate. This looks to be a good resource with links to various options. Some of the links are no longer active, and some of the desks are damned expensive, but there are some affordable options as well.

Best Wall-Mounted Desks for Small Spaces | Apartment Therapy Marketplace

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    I saw this one when I was searching around. Still kicking around the idea, any thoughts?

Space-Saving Fixed Height Workstation, 29w x 20d x 56h, Charcoal - Supply Brothers | Business Supplies & Office Products

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Standing is great, but if you can, build/buy a tread desk. I built one in early January and I can't say enough about it. I only get about 80-100 miles per month, but that is a billion times better than just sitting there staring at a screen. Even if you aren't ready to do the tread desk, but might consider it in the future, try to buy a standing desk that you can put a treadmill under. It is totally worth it. JMHO.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    And if you are a poor person who can afford neither a standing desk nor a treadmill, then you can just buy a cheap set of pedals for about 30.00 and put them under your desk or in front of you when you watch TV and pedal away. They basically are a small stand with a set of bike pedals - usually with some type of resistance setting you can adjust.
    Cheers
    J

suspendedingaffa is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I converted my desk at work to a standing desk, and I love it. I had to buy my own drafting stool for sitting, when needed, but I stand at least half the time.

My boss located a tall desk for me to use, however it is small and makes hand writing difficult. I didn't realize how much writing I did by hand until I had no room!

That space saving desk is 29" wide, so I guess you'll just have to determine if that is enough room for you, since I'm guessing you also need room for a keyboard, mouse & whatever else you need.