Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me keep her going! page 2

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Why not ease her into it with more carbs, carb flu sucks. No wonder she wants to bail. Just keep at it with unprocessed foods.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Massage, sex, encouraging calls, praise, fun activities. Sometimes getting through low-carb flu is more mental than physical. Acknowledge her difficulties, and praise her for doing something so hard. make her feel TOUGH, like she can do it, not because it is easy, but because SHE is fantastic.

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    I agree that she's probably not getting enough to eat. She is almost a foot taller than me and that menu looks like something I'd eat and I'm probably half as active as her too

I'm confused about what the problem is with the potatoes. So it's not the best "nutrient" wise but, it is a good starch and if you have bad carb flu wouldn't whole food starches help her get through it? I ate a lot of tubers/starch veggies through my first two weeks. Carb flu was low and it helped keep me full and happy with the transition. (Although, with the wife in this picture, I believe the problem is not enough food, to why she is hungry) The two weeks following I went really low carb and it screwed with my thyroid. I was exhausted and depressed, discovering VLC does not work for me.

I naturally don't eat high fat. Some on this forum talk about adding copious amounts here and there. I've listened to my body and I discovered I just don't need nor want it. I get most of mine from meat or the butter I use to wet a pan. I also add butter to my steamed veggies because it makes them taste soooo good but again, I don't go nuts.

Also, I do know that after 2 months of having eggs every morning I now have to cycle them b/c I get bad gut pain but, that took two months though.

Rynamo is offline Member
    Thanks everyone for your ideas. I think we will try to eat less potato and more broccoli,cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. Swap the apples for bananas and berries and maybe add something to her breakfast like spinach or kale.
    I'm going to try to get her to ease up on the cardio and replace it with some walking.

krone1 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am happy to say that on day 11 of primal eating, my carb flu was GONE!!!! Today is day 13 and I am feeling much better. I have more energy and less cravings. YEAH!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12