Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibram knockoffs page

Milty is offline Senior Member

Vibram knockoffs

Primal Fuel
    Decided to try a more affordable pair of finger shoes I found online. 1/4 the price of An official pair, but they are pretty much exact copies of the Treksports, though not so colorful, but definitely not ugly. Also have the Vibram logo. So far after a few days they are working out really really well, I like them. Guess we will see if they do indeed last. Tread is identical and the rubber gets a good grip. All that said, I've only ever tried official Vibram Sprints before so I can't really compare. I'd upload a pic, but I can't on this iPad.
    Last edited by Milty; 07-24-2012 at 05:17 PM.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Often, knock-offs are simply grey market - where a factory which produces the legitimate item under license over-produces and sells the surplus off through non-authorised channels. You may well have the genuine article, just not sanctioned by Vibram.

I love my Treksports (official and proper VFFs). Have fun in yours.

EncinoMan is offline Junior Member
    If you dont mind me asking, what site did you find these on?

Kerry Ann is offline Member
    I'm curious also. My husband loves them but wears them to pieces! Her needs New pair like every 4 to 6 months and at 90+$ a pop it's just not affordable now...

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Ditto, if it's a touchy subject since it's a knock-off product, maybe you could PM us the site. I wear cheapo $4 tai chi shoes, but they wear out pretty fast, as they're not really built for every walking about town...

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Often, knock-offs are simply grey market - where a factory which produces the legitimate item under license over-produces and sells the surplus off through non-authorised channels. You may well have the genuine article, just not sanctioned by Vibram.

I love my Treksports (official and proper VFFs). Have fun in yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by EncinoMan View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, what site did you find these on?
    I was kind of thinking this. The only difference between them is the fabric and it's designed look.

For anyone looking to know the site they can PM me. The price is about $31CAN with free shipping, but I did order it in early May and it got here two weeks ago lol.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    My OH uses a hippy parenting forum and serveral people on there have tried suprisingly cheap 5 fingers from a popular internet auction site that rhyms with d-day. The conclusion seems to be they are a bit crap and always either have really bad stiching and fall apart or rub badly. Hope your's work out better for you.

I'm sure vibrams are great, but I don't think they are a good value for money product, but the same goes IMHO for most branded running shoes be they barefoot, minimalsit or supper squishy with springs and flashing lights.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Hey Rob - Primal here over in Halifax, practically neighbours

I quite agree - VFFs in the UK are generally over 100 which makes them a VERY expensive shoe. I love my Treksports, but wouldn't think of some KSOs on the side just for fun. Too expensive. Genuine knock-offs, if that's the right term, represent much better value for money - simply inflating the price because of the brand grinds against my principles in a big way.

For_Sparta is offline Junior Member
    100 or $90USD is cheap as compared to Australia, I paid $240AUD for a pair!!

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And then again, you can always pick up cheap water shoes/pool shoes/whatever name you know them by...I prefer this to the Vibrams, as the fit w/the 5 Fingers has to be pretty exact. Not so with the water shoes, plus if you live in a climate where it gets cold (Wisconsin for me), you have room to wear warm socks underneath when it's cold outside.

If the soles start to wear thru on either water shoes or 5 Fingers, Shoe Goo http://www.amazon.com/Eclectic-Shoe-Goo/dp/B00135M0MM is your friend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast