Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D3 brand page

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member

Vitamin D3 brand

Primal Fuel
    I've been making an effort to get a lot of sun this summer and feeling great but given my history of fall/winter depression, I think I want to start looking for a D supplement before the summer is over. I also want something for my husband who works an office job and only gets weak early morning and late day sun as he walks from the office to the subway to the bus (ie - pretty much nothing to speak of).

I went to the supermarket and every D3 I found had soybean oil. Before I even started eating this way I had already figured out that soy oil and my digestive system do not mix. I know it's a small amount, but since I'm sure there are brands out there that don't have it, I'd prefer to not chance it (well, that plus I'm doing a Whole 30 in August and I really want to try and do it right).

Any brands of D3 without soy (or grain) oil to recommend? I have a Whole Foods near me plus there's always Amazon.

cookiemonster is offline Member
    For me for cost and effectiveness I use NOW foods 5000 IU and I order through Swanson vitamins
    https://www.swansonvitamins.com/NWF182/ItemDetail

Decent price and made with olive oil (it claims-who knows unless you take it to a lab or buy one of those $20.00 or more brands and then I still say who really knows!?!)-anyway just took a physical and my levels are great. I'm 6' 165 lbs and I am 46 years old- so I say somewhat pretty good shape for an "old" guy following paleo/primal. I'm sure you will get other great suggestions.
    Peace

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I use Carlson D drops

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I also use NOW brand. I haven't gotten a sun burn since I started taking them

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    This is my favorite... made with olive oil (and available in different IU doses, just search the iHerb site), and very cost-effective:

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels - iHerb.com
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 07-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    +1 for the Carlson D3 version. I get them at Drugstore.com Buy Carlson Vitamin D3 10000 IU, softgels & More | drugstore.com

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I use Carlson as well. I've heard that they are very reliable and have the 'purest' forms of the various vitamins, and I've been very happy with their poducts.

Cool, thanks all!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I also second the carlson drops... They are recommended on a couple of paleo/health podcasts & blogs, too. One of the pluses is the mct oil medium.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is the "Now" brand with olive oil? On amazon it says rice bran but one of the comments said the bottle says olive oil and the amazon description is wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast