Thread: Ketosis page

JohnOTD is offline Member

I've been VLC for the past week, almost ZC on most days. I don't have keto sticks, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what ketonuria smells like?

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

It smells kind of like acetone.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

JohnOTD is offline Member

Well then I guess I'm in ketosis. Is there any danger with being in a permanent state of ketosis? I plan on staying VLC/ZC (most days) to be either in or on the edge of ketosis.

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

I've been in or on the edge of ketosis for about 6 months now. Just remember to drink alot of water to keep your kidneys flushed and to help burn off that fat.

Doubt there is any dangers of being in ketosis.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Aarambh is offline Junior Member

When im in ketosis i have this weird sweet taste in my mouth. Like the after taste if you ate something made with an artificial sweetener

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

I get my Ketone Testing Strips at walmart. 50 for about 7 bucks. Not bad at all.

I test once a day and go from very high to small so I guess I'm "ketosising" consistently for the last 3 weeks.

However! Many people who have lost a lot of weight and have had keto-breath have said the strips did nothing for them, so if you do the strips, take them with a grain of salt.

As for Keto-breath, I don't get it if I drink a class of water first thing in the morning. If I don't have a class of water...yuck...

March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

i think ive been in ketosis for years. eventually when your body starts to run on ketons then you wont detect them from urin any more. i think grok must have been in ketosis majority of time... why would there be any danger??

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

coach81 is offline Senior Member

I hope to get there.. soon!!!

tooround is offline Senior Member

I stopped testing too. I can tell by the taste in my mouth (of my mouth not the urine )

I combat it by drinking drinking drinking. If I never feel dry, it's not so bad.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Aarambh hit the mail on the head, it's like a strange, sweet taste in the back of your throat. It's not as pleasant as it sounds, lol.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.