Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded plateau....could use some guidance. page

HealthyGirl is offline Member

The dreaded plateau....could use some guidance.

Help! What works for you when you plateau? I have been at a steady 137lbs for a little over a month now. Would like to get down to 130. What I have been doing is for the mornings, either a bulletproof coffee, followed by a serving of fruit...usually berries or an apple..

Lunch is pretty much always a big salad with all kinds of veggies, and a protein such as salmon, leftover steak, etc, with OO & Vinegar.

Snacks usually are tomato salad sometimes with Mozzarella, cucumbers, carrots etc. Somedays almond butter...I am switching it up so I am not always doing the same thing.

dinner is always lean beef, lamb, veal or fish with veggies /butter /salad.....

With all of this, a glass or two of red wine, and I won't lie here, it has been about every night for the past month! I have been bad lately...I'm thinking if I just cut the wine completely for a few weeks, those pounds will drop...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    With all of this, a glass or two of red wine, and I won't lie here, it has been about every night for the past month! I have been bad lately...I'm thinking if I just cut the wine completely for a few weeks, those pounds will drop...
    That would be where I would start. Maybe drop the snacks too.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat, at about the same weight. Aaaand....the same wineage. Cutting my daytime food back helped, and taking some of the 'crutches' out of my morning smoothie (like protein powder & coconut oil). If I can get closer to morning smoothie, then just enough snack (usually egg or meat or avocado) to keep my stomach quiet at work, then a meaty dinner with wine doesn't keep me from losing weight.

Now I need to stick with that, and not fall into a pint or 2 of beer on the weekends, and I'll slowly and pleasantly drop that extra tenner.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    I would drop the wine, cheese and nut butter. You could keep the fruit for a while and if it still doesn't drop then eliminate it as well for a bit. I am currently also eliminating my nuts and sunflower nut butter to see if I can get the scale moving. The last food to drop will be my berries with coconut milk. I really want to lose 8 more lbs in the next few weeks after that I can lose a bit slower if that's what my body needs

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried IF'ing? I find that throwing in a 24-48 hour fast every now and again helps my stalls much more so than cutting out certain food groups. I'd also consider ditching the snacks and having bigger meals. If not for weight loss, for better overall health.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i would start by cutting back on the wine a little bit. not a lot...but stick to a few nights a week. next, you should buy a good, sturdy sledgehammer, and beat the shit out of your scale. there comes a point when it's better for you to stop measuring your weight, and focus on the more important things, like body composition, body fat percentage, etc...that time is now. check yourself out in the mirror, take pictures, take measurements, notice how your clothes fit. your weight can fluctuate too easily, and doesn't really tell you anything useful.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    When I'm trying to drop weight, no wine and no snacks.

In fact, I always try to avoid the habit of snacking.

cookiemonster is offline Member
    Personally was 175 after doing primal for several months but the Intermittent Fasting worked like a charm for last 10 AND since it is fasting not starvation -your body will not get out of whack when you stop IFing and will start to stabilize at that weight you Ifed to because you have or are becoming a fat burning beast by now.
    Suggestion: When IFing break your fast with something that will keep your satiety like some fat or some protein AND treat yourself with safe treats like a glass of wine but not a glass of chocolate milk-that will satisfy you psychologically as well as physically. Just my 2 cents . . . literally probably what my advice is worth
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by HealthyGirl View Post
    Help! What works for you when you plateau? I have been at a steady 137lbs for a little over a month now. Would like to get down to 130. What I have been doing is for the mornings, either a bulletproof coffee, followed by a serving of fruit...usually berries or an apple..

Lunch is pretty much always a big salad with all kinds of veggies, and a protein such as salmon, leftover steak, etc, with OO & Vinegar.

Snacks usually are tomato salad sometimes with Mozzarella, cucumbers, carrots etc. Somedays almond butter...I am switching it up so I am not always doing the same thing.

dinner is always lean beef, lamb, veal or fish with veggies /butter /salad.....

I bolded the most likely offenders.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 07-24-2012 at 07:22 PM.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lots of good suggestions here. I'm just wondering how tall you are, as 130 is pretty light. You may be where your body's natural set point is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast