Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded plateau....could use some guidance. page 2

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyGirl View Post
    bulletproof coffee
    You're drinking butter. That's hundreds, or possibly thousands, of empty calories a week that you're drinking. You have to eat less calories, and the first thing you should do is stop drinking butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I bolded the most likely offenders.
    This.

It's not the foods. It's the calories. Cut out the emptiest calories. Those would be bulletproof coffee (by far), red wine and almond butter in that order.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

papaloma is offline Junior Member
    Help! What works for you when you plateau? I have been at a steady 137lbs for a little over a month now. Would like to get down to 130. What I have been doing is for the mornings, either a bulletproof coffee, followed by a serving of fruit...usually berries or an apple..

Lunch is pretty much always a big salad with all kinds of veggies, and a protein such as salmon, leftover steak, etc, with OO & Vinegar.

Snacks usually are tomato salad sometimes with Mozzarella, cucumbers, carrots etc. Somedays almond butter...I am switching it up so I am not always doing the same thing.

dinner is always lean beef, lamb, veal or fish with veggies /butter /salad.....

With all of this, a glass or two of red wine, and I won't lie here, it has been about every night for the past month! I have been bad lately...I'm thinking if I just cut the wine completely for a few weeks, those pounds will drop...
    The only thing you have not talked about is your exercise regime.....if you think you are at a plateau perhaps leave the food you enjoy and up your exercise......win,win!!

MoStogies is offline Junior Member
    ^^ was gonna say that... More walks or longer duration...maybe...

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Help! What works for you when you plateau? I have been at a steady 137lbs for a little over a month now. Would like to get down to 130. What I have been doing is for the mornings, either a bulletproof coffee, followed by a serving of fruit...usually berries or an apple..
    I BP coffee also some days, but when I do, it is not followed by anything. Not until later and that is either a)lunch b)another BP coffee for lunch.

I get what others are saying about the butter & calories. My BP coffee for breakfast and lunch is like 400 calories combined. Then supper is anywhere from 500 - 800 usually. If I have a real lunch, I usually need a snack about 3pm, so another 2-300 calories or so. Seems like if I have anything for breakfast, especially fruit, I am hungrier all day. I still track calories and try not to go over 1500 - 1600 but it is more of a struggle if I eat before lunch time.

I find I am able to go for more & more 24s. One 30 & 36 thrown in there, shooting for a 48.

I am not much of a wine drinker however I do LOVE sweet mixed drinks so I just don't unless it is a special occasion, like once every few months.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

HealthyGirl is offline Member
    To answer some questions.
    I am 5'3, (someone suggested that weight may be too light for me)
    I work out a lot, high intensity martial arts/kickboxing, so amping up the exercise may not be the answer.

Lighten up your workout intensity for a week (or just take the whole damn week off).

Figure out how many calories you need to maintain your weight with a sedentary lifestyle. Then knock 250 kcals off of that and consume that many every day for a week.

Weigh, measure and track everything you put in your mouth for that week.

That should get things moving again.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    You're drinking butter. That's hundreds, or possibly thousands, of empty calories a week that you're drinking. You have to eat less calories, and the first thing you should do is stop drinking butter.

This.

It's not the foods. It's the calories. Cut out the emptiest calories. Those would be bulletproof coffee (by far), red wine and almond butter in that order.
    This.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Probably the only thing you need to do is quit the BP coffee. Simple.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    In addition to avoiding buttered coffee, almond butter, and booze, I would recommend adding long, brisk walks whenever possible to your schedule. I would also add in one very low calorie / IF / low carb day (like, piece of fish + green veg for lunch, same for dinner, NOTHING else) at least once per week.
    Give all of that a month and if you still feel the need to drop weight, go research carb cycling, IF, etc. - advanced weight loss tweaks.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

HealthyGirl is offline Member
    Thanks evryone! I will report back..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast