Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly Fat page

Keldeb is offline Junior Member

Belly Fat

Primal Fuel
    This is my first post. I've been Primal for almost two months and enjoying the renewed energy and weight loss. I'm a 53 year old post menopausal woman and am losing weight everywhere except in my trunk area. I can't say that it's really belly fat because it's my entire trunk. My daughter commented last night that I look really good every where but in that area. What do I need to do as far as exercise, or maybe even dietary changes, to burn that fat? I'm dealing with a bursitis flare-up in my hip, so cardio is on hold at the moment.

jesssa is offline Member
    you can't really target it, unfortunately. if that is where you generally store your fat, then that is where it will be most stubborn and resistant to your efforts to remove it! I think as long as you are experiencing consistant overall fat loss, then eventually it will happen. just keep doing your slow movement each day!
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Jesssa is spot on with their advice.

@Jesssa - your username is annoying, had to check about 4 times to make sure I had the correct number of s's

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldeb View Post
    This is my first post. I've been Primal for almost two months and enjoying the renewed energy and weight loss. I'm a 53 year old post menopausal woman and am losing weight everywhere except in my trunk area. I can't say that it's really belly fat because it's my entire trunk. My daughter commented last night that I look really good every where but in that area. What do I need to do as far as exercise, or maybe even dietary changes, to burn that fat? I'm dealing with a bursitis flare-up in my hip, so cardio is on hold at the moment.
    Yeah I hear ya. Keep going with the fat loss and it will come. I'm at the leanest at the moment and I still carry some fat on my stomach and lower body part.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Just continue with (or add in if your not doing any) resistance training, and continue eating primal. Some people just tend to store fat in certain areas more so than others. With the bursitis you can definitely put together some circuit strength training that does not aggravate the condition so as to get your metabolic work and improve muscle mass. Even something like "Curves" would work well with some modification. I'd definitely go that route for exercise.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing any resistance training? If not, you can try Primal Blueprint Fitness. It's great for people of any level. That and low-level aerobic activity are all you really need to make consistent progress for a good while.

...and everything Neckhammer just said too
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    My waist is the hardest too. I work out on abs and work out on abs. I am 2 years younger then you and think its a middleaged (yes...102 years old is my goal) hormonal thing but I am not a doctor. Gratz on the other weightloss tho....

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brighthorse View Post
    My waist is the hardest too. I work out on abs and work out on abs. I am 2 years younger then you and think its a middleaged (yes...102 years old is my goal) hormonal thing but I am not a doctor. Gratz on the other weightloss tho....
    That's an awesome goal!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Keldeb is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the responses!!! I'm seeing a chiro for my bursitis. He's also Paleo. He wants me to just stick with walking until the flare up subsides. I would love to be able to try Cross fit. But now, DH is pressing me to see an ortho. DH is not Paleo/Primal and thinks surgery/prescriptions are the way to go. He seems to be asking more questions these days about this way of eating. Wonder how long it will take to win him over from his traditional MD thinking?

Bagwell is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan125 View Post
    You need to do some cardio exercises and take some fat burning foods such as raw vegetables, citrus fruits, green tea, fish oil, and lemon water to burn your belly fat and shape up your body.
    Take green tea and grapefruit juice daily for the better results for the fat burning.
    How exactly do these foods "burn fat"? I'm especially confused at how any juices are alleged fat burners. Can anyone expand on this??
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast