* 1 bottom round steak

* 1/2 cup coconut flour

* Salt & pepper to taste

* Virgin palm oil or coconut oil

* 1 tablespoon coconut flour, as needed

* 1 1/2 cups hot water or broth

* 1 medium onion, sliced

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Cut bottom round steak into several small serving sizes. Pound with a meat tenderizer for several minutes. Dredge in coconut flour (with salt and pepper added) and fry in palm or coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet. Brown on both sides and remove.

Whisk 1 tablespoon coconut flour into hot water or broth. Pour into cast iron skillet and cook over medium heat until it begins to thicken (add or decrease amount flour or broth for desired amount or consistency). Be sure to scrape up the meat bits and juices from the steak.

Place steak back into skillet with gravy and add enough water to cover meat. Place sliced onion over top and other vegetables if desired. Cover and place skillet in oven. Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, add more water if needed.

Anonymous Guest

i made something similar the other night. i have a few somewhat generic seasoning mixtures (yeah. mostly salt) that I mixed in with the coconut flour. helps change the texture a bit.

I just ate the meat after it had been fried, though, didn't do the baking bit. I cut my steak into 1/2" strips and breaded the strips so it cooked pretty quickly.

T J Guest

Thanks, SassaFrass88

I will try it tonight! sounds great

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I also tried a similar recipe the other day. I seared my steaks in bacon fat and left them whole without cutting it into smaller pieces. I took them out of the cast iron skiller after they were nice and brown and added 8 oz of red cooking wine. To that I added a few tbls of coconut flouer and a cup of fresh blueberiies plus siome water. I returned stakes to that nice gravy and bakes for 45 mins at 400 degrees. Very tender and super delicious!

murat Guest

SassaFrass88, just a question: how do you get coconut flour? Is it ready made in US, or must you buy coconut flakes and put them in the blender? I am asking this because I have not been able to find Coconut flour in France yet.

Your recipe looks terrific, thanks.

Murat

I order mine through 'Tropical Traditions', which is an online, California-based, company who say that they get their coconuts from Thailand.

You can also order some through Amazon, however, my experience has only been through US distributors.

I hope you can find some soon!

murat Guest

Thanks SassaFras! I hope too. I see lots of very nice primal recipes with CC flour.