Awesome! Thanks.
    No problem! I'm glad you guys like it!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    First, I have that same love hate relationship with my roller.

Second, you must be wrecked if the Rumble Roller causes you pain. I tried one out at a Tough Mudder and felt next to nothing, it needs a solid core.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    First, I have that same love hate relationship with my roller.

Second, you must be wrecked if the Rumble Roller causes you pain. I tried one out at a Tough Mudder and felt next to nothing, it needs a solid core.
    Really? Are you sure it was the actual Rumble Roller you tried? Mine is just as firm as a closed-cell roller and does have a solid core. I've used smooth rollers before and they weren't as aggressive as the Rumble. It's also the only thing that gets deep enough to get my soleus, where I have 3 really stubborn adhesions. I am pretty wrecked though.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EvRevFit View Post
    Really? Are you sure it was the actual Rumble Roller you tried? Mine is just as firm as a closed-cell roller and does have a solid core. I've used smooth rollers before and they weren't as aggressive as the Rumble. It's also the only thing that gets deep enough to get my soleus, where I have 3 really stubborn adhesions. I am pretty wrecked though.
    Yeah, it was at the Rogue tent, they had the black one. There isn't a foam roller out there that does anything for me, they just aren't dense enough. I like the idea of the nubs but they need to make it denser (personal opinion). I use a Travel Roller, essentially pvc pipe wrapped in yoga mat. My wife hates the TR, it's too dense for her.

Keep in mind this is coming from a 280lb man with a healthy amount of muscle mass, I tend to squish lots of things when I sit/lay on them.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Yeah, it was at the Rogue tent, they had the black one. There isn't a foam roller out there that does anything for me, they just aren't dense enough. I like the idea of the nubs but they need to make it denser (personal opinion). I use a Travel Roller, essentially pvc pipe wrapped in yoga mat. My wife hates the TR, it's too dense for her.

Keep in mind this is coming from a 280lb man with a healthy amount of muscle mass, I tend to squish lots of things when I sit/lay on them.
    Ah, yeah that does make a difference. I weigh 160 soaking wet (whether I like it or not, it seems), plus the fact that I'm pretty jacked up...but I would like to see a denser one come out. I plan on trying out The Grid soon to see if that'll be something good to switch to once I take care of a lot of my issues with the RR.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12