Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having some issues with the Warrior Diet help me out please. page 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I feel this "warrior diet" worked well for me for several reasons. I love feeling stuffed. I can easily keep eating long after I think I might be full.
    Oh geesh, I was just thinking of this very thing earlier. I just ate, and I know I could still eat more, and I was thinking that okay, just stop. This is what ppl are talking about, eat until full - dont over stuff myself. But then I thought how I really like being stuffed better. Much easier to judge also
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Eating once a day will get you in touch with hunger....I think its great. Many people don't get to feel truly hungry around here. They get that well I'm bored and I could eat, so I guess thats what I'll do kinda hunger. Eating once a day I don't think the hunger will ever go away....I mean thats the point. You SHOULD get hungry. By hour 20 or so I start really looking forward to my dinner in 3-4 hours. And thats natural.

Not that you HAVE to do it, but some of us can and in a sadistic way even enjoy it . There are a lot of known positive physiological up sides to it and many more theoretical probabilities as to why it is healthy. So even if a 24 hour fast isn't a daily thing it cant hurt to throw it in once in a while with periodic longer ones to boot.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Odds are you will only gain muscle with this way of eating. Just make sure you pound down significant protein and your choice of carbs or fat in your mega-meal. Shoot for at least 3500 calories if you really are as busy as you sound.

The banana and apple will keep you very hungry. If you asked me how to make a person hungry during a fast, a piece of fruit would be my answer. It spikes your blood sugar while providing almost no caloric load, leaving you ravenous. Better to eat nothing, or a box/can of coconut milk. Black coffee also will curb the hunger.

Never snack! If you are eating one meal a day, then do it. Snacks will make and keep you hungry, while eliminating the benefits of eating once a day. Any fast where you aren't fasting is NOT a fast.

Hunger fades in a couple of days, as soon as your body figures out it's only getting one massive meal, and your blood sugar stabilizes because you AREN'T snacking.

Best to eat after work, so you can stuff yourself silly and go to bed.
    Oh, and +1 to all this. The only "snack" I'll allow myself is pure fat (cream in my coffee). This isn't "warrior diet" per se, but I don't completely agree with all his schtick.

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    I'm not quite on the warrior diet, as I can't seem to cram enough protein in one meal. Instead, I eat in a 2 hour window (6-8 each evening) where I graze on healthy foods.

If I feel ill at all, or the wife says things like "you look pale", I eat something even outside of my window. Remember, the benefits of any health adjustment is pointless if you are to drained to spot the fork lift about to run you over. In the event you do eat something, avoid sugar-filled things and stick with fat and protein.

Also, skip the morning fruit. That is going to make your entire day a battle with hunger.

linuxguy0481 is offline Member
    Thank you all for the feedback. What I'm wondering is there anything that I should eat in the morning like a handful of nuts, beef jerky or hard boiled eggs? Maybe I should eat those kind of things at my lunch time. Yes I do have a hour lunch at work.

Should I just stick with black coffee or tea in the morning right?

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I would just stick with the coffee/tea in the morning and then have your first big meal at lunch time. If you start to find you're no longer hungry for lunch, skip it and just have dinner. There may be days that you're starving and need to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and that's okay too! You'll figure out what works best for you.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12